Rail schemes cancelled (except in the South)

Prestwich_Blue

The Transport Secretary announced today that various rail improvement schemes would be cancelled, as the costs had spiralled. Some however would not be affected. These include:
CrossRail (which runs East-West across London), Thameslink (which runs North-South across London) and the London-Bristol line.

Those cancelled include the much-vaunted electrification of the Transpennine line (which was going to create a 'Northern powerhouse' and improved links between the East Midlands and Sheffield.

Anyone spot a common theme?

not cancelled - they have been suspended while cost overruns are being picked over

Suspended - kicked into the long grass - whatever you wanna call it it makes the Northern Powerhouse claims look hollow now - hardly surprising though - one of many announcements to come folks - they are looking to save £12bn remember - those tax cust for the rich won't find themselves you know

Yep the Tories taking the piss again out of areas where they didn't win many seats.

Queue Urmston coming on to write what a great decision this all is!

the south look after there own and we in the north help the fuckers

You are right. The Tories are laughing their cocks off whilst, for example, the North of England contributes a quarter of British troops.

Plus, Ed Milliband was the Tories dream opponent and now with the massive majority means then can really take the piss.

I know mate.

But the North and Manchester is seen as a joke by the Tories and it fucking annoys me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.