Random Acts Of Kindness

Ricster

The past couple of weeks have seen some rather serious topics on the off topic board, and fear be spread through our home.

For those who want to change their day, week or life why not give this a shot. Make someones day!

It can be helping a lady over the road to buying a homeless man a chip butty. Or giving a compliment to someone you dont know or giving to charity.

Just today why not make a change in not just your life but someone elses.

Have a happy Thursday everyone and look forward to hearing what people came up with.

Reactions: mat
I gave a homeless man my packed lunch yesterday on the way into work. (Mainly because I had a work lunch arranged and hadn't told the Mrs) but still , a good deed I'd say.

When I lived in Manchester one night a guy in his twenties who looked homeless asked me as I was passing by for spare change. I gave him a £10 note cos I had no change and I was fairly flush at the time. He refused it saying it was too much. In the end he gave me back what spare change he had. Maybe £2 odd.

His whole demeanor changed from someone embarrassed to someone proud of themselves.

I was a bit confused as I walked away but happier for it. And it made me proud to be in Manchester and a City fan.

I passed a homeless man in Altrincham a few weeks ago, sitting in the rain with a cup and a few coppers in it. He looked in a real state. I don't like giving money, so on the way back I nipped into Greggs and bought him a hot soup, a hot pie, and a sandwich for later. I gave him the bag and told him to be careful because of the soup.

This morning i will be putting a new lock on an old dears front door and a key box on the wall for her daughter and carers to use. Cost price for the hardware and no charge for fitting.

I have an allowance for lunch from work.
I spend my full allowance every day, and any extra food ends up with a homeless person.

When I used to live in town, I used to invite the odd homeless person up to my flat for a hot meal and a chat, spare bed if they wanted to get their head down.

I didn't feel great about it as I felt duty-bound, but I did feel and think from time to time they are Human Beings, like me, that you can't just walk by all the time.

It wasn't every week, just every so often when I felt I was being ignorant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.