Ranson to quit Coventry?

fbloke

I hear that the wanna be City owner Ray Ranson is close to quitting Coventry.

I wonder why he thought himself able enough to run a club like City? Ego methinks ;-)

Prestwich_Blue said:
fbloke said:

I wonder why he thought himself able enough to run a club like City? Ego methinks ;-)
I think he thought he could do a better job than Wardle & Mackintosh. Not entirely unreasonably.

I reckon he thought he could buy cheap and sell a lot higher. ;-)

You can act smug now fbloke, but it was between him and Frank at one point and when the horrifying ways in which Frank was running the club started to come to light it seemed like we'd blown it in opting for Frank over Ransons group. Luckily the shit hit the fan for Frank and the irony is he did the deal that has put the club in it's strongest position for a long time/ever.

The Fat el Hombre said:
You can act smug now fbloke, but it was between him and Frank at one point and when the horrifying ways in which Frank was running the club started to come to light it seemed like we'd blown it in opting for Frank over Ransons group. Luckily the shit hit the fan for Frank and the irony is he did the deal that has put the club in it's strongest position for a long time/ever.

Oh I'm not smug as I know we have dodged more than one bullet to get where we are now.

The question really is a serious one, why did he think he was capable fo running/financing City?

The situation with Coventry was remarkably similar in that both clubs had new stadia, debts and were struggling on field as well.

How does a man like Ranson (failed as manager at Witton Albion under a friend of mine Terry Warrender) see himself in charge of a club the size of either Cities?

fbloke said:

Maybe he knew about the ADUG interest before even (mr human rights Shiniwatra) knew???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.