Rape in US Colleges documentary

3c36c7f.jpg

Urmston,

I'm sure it is not your intent, but you come across as a rape apologist and someone who condones sexual assault.

I agree that both sexes are away from home for the first time, yet I have yet to hear of a woman giving a Mickey to a guy to fuck the shit out of him, or fingering his arse while he is unconscious, or pinning him down while he unwillingly accepts her vagina!!!

Your "sexist" equivalency is laughable at best and disturbing at worst. Have you been accused of sexual assault, by chance, because you sound like you are in the dock telling the jury, "but she was wearing a short skirt and no bra, so of course she was telegraphing to me that she was asking for it....even if she WAS unconscious at the time. She didn't say 'No' either, so how could it have been rape?!"

He's probably laughing his cock off at your response. This is a guy who has an hatred of black people. Muslims he fuckin despises, It's basically he will say the most disturbing things possible in order to get a kick out of it.

An absolute shitstain of a human being.

He's probably laughing his cock off at your response. This is a guy who has an hatred of black people. Muslims he fuckin despises, It's basically he will say the most disturbing things possible in order to get a kick out of it.

An absolute shitstain of a human being.

Do try to answer my points.

Silly insults give the impression that you can't, and that it annoys you that you can't.

When I know nothing about a topic, or have nothing constructive to say by way of discussion I simply don't post on it.

As I have shown from my links in a previous post there is a diversity of opinion about the alleged rape epidemic in US colleges.

I can cope with people who dissent from my views on this and other matters, and I suggest that people who cannot cope with dissent from their own views either shield themselves from it or seek help in coping with it.

Do try to answer my points.

Silly insults give the impression that you can't, and that it annoys you that you can't.

When I know nothing about a topic, or have nothing constructive to say by way of discussion I simply don't post on it.

As I have shown from my links in a previous post there is a diversity of opinion about the alleged rape epidemic in US colleges.

I can cope with people who dissent from my views on this and other matters, and I suggest that people who cannot cope with dissent from their own views either shield themselves from it or seek help in coping with it.
Out of interest, when you make a ridiculous blanket statement like "the college rape epidemic is non-existent, and is a myth", what does that even mean? Are you saying that there are no rapes in college? Or that there aren't enough for anyone to worry about?

For the record, of course there are a large amount of people saying this isn't a problem, that's how it's been allowed to become a problem. People in power have been doing everything in their power to sweep it under the carpet for a long time, so of course there are people willing to write this stuff as the "women are out to get us brigade" like yourself eat this shit up.

I have seen the documentary and it is truly disturbing. The reasons behind the lack of interest from the powers that be are clearly explained:

1. Colleges do not want to tackle the issue of rape on their campus because those statistics become available to potential future students and no one wants to go to a college with a high level of student rape, therefore they have no interest in investigating and prosecuting in these cases because perversely successful investigation and prosecution would damage their reputation. This is the key issue.
2. Frat Houses - i am not sure how, hold some power in the US by providing either income or in demand housing to Universities. Again these organisations protect their own and are also places where young easily influenced young men get together and do all manner of stupid thing with a level of impunity that has created a disturbing macho culture.
3. The sports teams in these places hold far too much sway which basically makes the superstar sports teams completely untouchable by the college administration.

Points 2 and 3 are relevant, but not in my view the fundamental issue which is Point 1.

Thankfully none of the above apply to UK Universities, but having said that the points made about this being a time when young adults are away from home and experiencing alcohol fueled sex for the first time do mean that the potential for incident at Universities is higher than any societal norm, however i would suggest ( i don't know) that this is actually not that high given the demographic of the people involved.

The numbers that were talked about in the doc were staggering, and even if only a fraction were true then there IS an epidemic in US college system but like the Catholic Church, the BBC and many others, there is a culture of protecting the organisation by hiding the truth rather than protecting the individual victims through investigation, support and prosecution of the perpetrators.

There is a great deal of respectable opinion out there which claims that the alleged rape culture at US colleges is a myth.

US universities are at the forefront of the lunacies of political correctness with their snowflake students, microaggressions, safe spaces, trigger warnings and denial of free speech to anyone who dares to disagree with the 'correct' point of view.

Such is the demented, hysterical atmosphere at many US colleges that I'd warn men students to be very careful. Any accusation of sexual assault is likely to be bad for the accused even if it becomes very obvious he was innocent.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/rape-culture-is-a-dangerous-myth/17102#.V-p6JoWcHIU

http://time.com/30545/its-time-to-end-rape-culture-hysteria/

http://nypost.com/2015/09/27/the-myth-of-the-college-rape-culture/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...istics-dont-back-up-claims-about-rape-culture

Yeah, US colleges are dominated by social justice warriors.

Your response is tiresomely predictable.

Someone disagrees with you and the best you can do is to speculate that he is in favour of sexual assault and has done it himself.

That is a hysterical way to reply to anyone, though not unexpected about a subject which often attracts such politically correct, ideologically driven intolerance of dissent from people who cannot argue a case properly and prefer to indulge in silly personal insults.

I am of the opinion that the college rape epidemic is non-existent, and is a myth. So do plenty of other people, including those in the links I provided in a previous post.

You will excuse my ridiculous caveat, where I said it was probably not your intent, as it may well have been. That was my error.

As for your studies, and the myth of college rape, I can only provide you my own firsthand knowledge that sexual assault is rather prevalent. That's based on being in American universities for 10 years, both as a baccalaureate and masters student, and thereafter as a university instructor, not my extensive experience trolling this forum. Again, my error.

I am chastened by your exhortations of my "tiresome predictability," "hysterical" reply, and "silly personal insults." I will, indeed, try hard to maintain a greater level of unpredictability, provide more manly replies, and to make my insults more forthright and impersonal.

Accordingly, you appear to be a fucking idiot with whom I can't believe I'm attempting to communicate intelligently on an Internet Forum, where you are known quantity as a troll whose posts should be either ignored or dismissed as nonsensical claptrap....like the assertion that college rape and sexual assault is not a serious problem.

Tell you what, go out, have a few drinks too many, get your arse pounded by a 9 incher with girth while you are unconscious (or just being held down, because "you know you want it!") and come back and squawk to me about sexual assault being a non-issue. Then, come back again in about 20 years and tell me that it was no big deal, didn't affect your life any, and that you hold no ill will against the person or the institution that said you were making it all up, then we can talk.

Talk to you then...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.