Rate this season

4/10
If we finish top 4.
This for me. The memory of Pep arriving and us blowing everyone out of the water early season(remember the first 45minutes at Old Scaffold?)seems distant now.
The fact we are not even competing for the league given the money spent is not acceptable.
No silverware & fighting for 4th? I trust Pep as one of the best managers in the world and I'm sure, given the money, he can have a 10 out of 10 next season.

Start of the season i expected better than where we are at this point but as the season has gone on you realise how much the actual squad needs sorting out there is no competitions for places like for like of the same quality for them to be pushed and for all his worth Pep has tried to find the right formula to get through this season with some decency.

Add the fact we have been royally shit on by the referees this season its been one hell of a fight.

5/10 :(

Piss poor.
Not buying quality fullbacks has been a disaster.
Pep has disappointed too. Nowhere near pragmatic enough to win frequent trophies in the PL and his substitutions have often been effing woeful

I'm going to say it. The worst since after Hughes left so around after the takeover. After the investment we've made I would expect us to at least be in touching distance on 2nd if not 1st. Right now we are barely scrapping fourth if we can't pull it together on the pitch.

Already felt like it after the run of draws. The only highlight of this season is seeing a glimpse of Gabriel Jesus. The only beacon of hope at the moment that next year we might turn it around as someone who can drag the team. Even with Sané we will struggle next season to top the league as other clubs are strengthening.

I just want us to get 3rd, skip CL qualifying and get the right players in who can play the system we are trying to get right.

Garbage if we secure top 3 then a 4/10, finish 4th it's 3/10 and if get beat by rags and miss top 4 it's a 2/10 at best.

I haven't enjoyed this season, finding going to the games less enjoyable than many previous seasons for a multitude of reasons

Last edited:
I would give the season a B-. No trophies is obviously hugely disappointing but on the upside, we have played some of the best attacking football I've ever seen us play. The few games Jesus, Sane and Sterling played together were incredible. I think the team has overall improved but Bravo having a error-ridden season with Kompany usually injured meant conceding too many goals and dropping too many points to beat a very clinical Chelsea team.

If we can have a top three finish, and add a new goalkeeper, Bonucci and a couple full-backs, I'm very optimistic about winning the league next year and competing for the Champions League.

It's the end of an era of underachievement. An era that could have been one of domination, if those who knew nothing about football had let those who did get on with it.

The real sad thing is that these periods of domination only happen perhaps once in a fan's lifetime. Ours was diluted and eventually removed by those jokers from Spain and an obsession with the concepts of all things Barcelona.

A classic example of a bird in the hand if you ever needed one.

Excellent post, removing Mancini was such a terrible idea

Disappointing but not unexpected.

We need 5 new first team players next season and I expect if we achieve that with all these players being better than what we have at present then we will challenge.

Still 6 games to play for and secure a top four spot.

We have the best draw of all the sides fighting for a spot so no excuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.