Rate this season

The fact that they don't even know that he doesn't play for us is enough to tell you that they are talking out of their fucking arses.
I won't even bother with Richard Wright.

I know what you mean, but I don't mean to say it's all accurate just thought it was something to look into too see why its difficult to offload some players and their contracts, etc.

I was reading about RM not wanting to go for Pogba because his demand in salary would make him one of the highest paid players and unsettle many other RM players, etc.

As a Barca fan I wondered why we paid 50M for Gomes then say we pay him 80K weekly, were as Thiago or Verratti type player would cost us 150-200K weekly.

I'll rate this season by voting Conservative, be fucked if I'm going to be on another losing side this year.

5/10.
But the margins between success and failure are small.
We've had three major decisions given or not given in error against us this season:
Luis not sent off vs Chavs at home
Walker not sent off and penalty vs Spurs at home
Stones 'goal ' disallowed vs Saints at home
And one go for us
Bravo not sent in Derby ( and even that was 50/50)
Those decisions go the correct way and that's at least a net extra 5 points to us and three less to Chelsea , that would have put us right back in with a shout in the league.
As for the FA Cup, if our ' goal' is given then we would have probably gone on to win that game.
So with just getting the correct decisions in those games we would still be in with a shout for the double.
Now just for a second imagine if in addition to those correct decisions being given we'd have had say three go our way that shouldn't have ( yes some teams are that lucky), we'd probably be now be well on course to win the double.
As I said, despite a disappointing season, the margins are small.

5/10.
But the margins between success and failure are small.
We've had three major decisions given or not given in error against us this season:
Luis not sent off vs Chavs at home
Walker not sent off and penalty vs Spurs at home
Stones 'goal ' disallowed vs Saints at home
And one go for us
Bravo not sent in Derby ( and even that was 50/50)
Those decisions go the correct way and that's at least a net extra 5 points to us and three less to Chelsea , that would have put us right back in with a shout in the league.
As for the FA Cup, if our ' goal' is given then we would have probably gone on to win that game.
So with just getting the correct decisions in those games we would still be in with a shout for the double.
Now just for a second imagine if in addition to those correct decisions being given we'd have had say three go our way that shouldn't have ( yes some teams are that lucky), we'd probably be now be well on course to win the double.
As I said, despite a disappointing season, the margins are small.

They are but we still haven't been able to defend a lead in key matches either. Too fragile. Poor season given the hype and start. lets hope next one is better

5/10

slipping to

4/10

if we miss out on a top 4 spot

after the shite last 2 seasons Im finding it hard to grasp how this season has panned out with no real challenge for the league

I was so frustrated with city last year as they sleepwalked through the season half arsed,i feel the team have put a lot more into it this year

for me,the possession football is so boring and predictable and toothless and unexciting

we have played some great stuff at times,but every team can say the same on their day

we have been unlucky ,but then agan,every fan of other teams will say the same

but we have still fallen way to short of where we want to be.

A season trophy-less is always disappointing these days for City, and that we've not secured a CL place yet. But has it been a failure? Not for me. We've made progress, and the signs are very promising. Comparing performances this season to the previous one, we've been miles better. There were so many insipid, poor performances last season. We were outplayed by all the top sides. The reason the results have been similar is because our best defender and captain has missed almost the whole season, and the goalkeeper we brought in has struggled. The full-back areas have been neglected for too long, and we've relied heavily on one striker pretty much all season. I think we've been unlucky. For Chelsea, like Leicester, its been a perfect storm for them. No European football, no major injuries, and all the summer signings clicking straightaway, with the exception of Batshuayi who doesn't really start. Compare that to us. We've had European football, on the injury front I've mentioned Kompany, but Gundogan has been a bigger miss then has been appreciated. He was supposed to be a key player in Guardiola's plans and he's barely featured. Can you imagine if Kante missed nearly all the season for Chelsea? Then we lost Gabriel just when he was showing us what he can do. Our signings have been mixed. Bravo has been the big let down, Gundogan has missed most, Stones has made mistakes, but I like him a lot, he's got better, and will be a great defender, we've only seen the best of Sane since December, Gabriel didn't play until January, and Nolito doesn't feature much. So really its been almost the same team since last season, which just made 4th. Sure, there have been bad performances, Leicester and Spurs away, 1st half at Monaco stand out the most, but definite progress is being made, and I'm seeing a team with an identity and a blueprint. I remember Pochettino's first season at Tottenham being a real mixed bag, but look at them now. I'm convinced Guardiola will achieve great things at City. There's so much promise in this team, and with strengthening in the key areas it will fly, I have no doubts.

A season trophy-less is always disappointing these days for City, and that we've not secured a CL place yet. But has it been a failure? Not for me. We've made progress, and the signs are very promising. Comparing performances this season to the previous one, we've been miles better. There were so many insipid, poor performances last season. We were outplayed by all the top sides. The reason the results have been similar is because our best defender and captain has missed almost the whole season, and the goalkeeper we brought in has struggled. The full-back areas have been neglected for too long, and we've relied heavily on one striker pretty much all season. I think we've been unlucky. For Chelsea, like Leicester, its been a perfect storm for them. No European football, no major injuries, and all the summer signings clicking straightaway, with the exception of Batshuayi who doesn't really start. Compare that to us. We've had European football, on the injury front I've mentioned Kompany, but Gundogan has been a bigger miss then has been appreciated. He was supposed to be a key player in Guardiola's plans and he's barely featured. Can you imagine if Kante missed nearly all the season for Chelsea? Then we lost Gabriel just when he was showing us what he can do. Our signings have been mixed. Bravo has been the big let down, Gundogan has missed most, Stones has made mistakes, but I like him a lot, he's got better, and will be a great defender, we've only seen the best of Sane since December, Gabriel didn't play until January, and Nolito doesn't feature much. So really its been almost the same team since last season, which just made 4th. Sure, there have been bad performances, Leicester and Spurs away, 1st half at Monaco stand out the most, but definite progress is being made, and I'm seeing a team with an identity and a blueprint. I remember Pochettino's first season at Tottenham being a real mixed bag, but look at them now. I'm convinced Guardiola will achieve great things at City. There's so much promise in this team, and with strengthening in the key areas it will fly, I have no doubts.

One word, paragraph!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.