Rate this season

Haha that's the most bollocks I've heard in a long time. Seville away was the only game that comes close and that was a one off, you're not even trying nor can the stats in those games back up what you're trying to spin there.
pmsl are you a wum?

last season - semi final
this season - didn't even make the quarters

Those are facts

If we blew away every team in the group stages I might possibly understand you but we scraped through with two wins and got battered by Barce.

I'd love to know what Chelsea's season last year ranked as!

1/10.

This isn't a difficult concept. A title challenge is the least what we should expect as an average season which would rate a 5. A treble would constitute a 10.

We didn't challenge for the title so it's below average and we didn't challenge for any trophies so it's not a 4.

I'm amazed that some are saying 7s and 8s. That's madness. It means that not only did we surpass an average season, we were closer to a perfect season than an average one.

Imagine Barca, Real or Bayern fans saying that a trophyless season where they went out of the CL in the Round of 16, we're knocked out of the cup by their local rivals and grabbed third on the last day was a 7 or 8 out of 10 season. It would never happen. Peps right when he talks about a small club mentality here.

pmsl are you a wum?

last season - semi final
this season - didn't even make the quarters

Those are facts
As I said we got there in unconvincing fashion(compared to this season atleast and come off it Kiev is no Monaco and you know it) and we played so poorly in the semi we may as well have not bothered, we didn't show up and it wasn't the first time that was said that season. The questions were asked last season after the Sevilla and Mönchengladbach game(the two best performances) why haven't City been able to match their League form in the CL more often?... this season we've been getting praise every game near enough as I said already the reaction from the neutrals should tell how much better we've been. We've had our best PERFORMANCES in the CL this season that's a fact! We've never been so good or consistent with it, in terms of our all around play don't just think of it in terms of the boxes, the centre of the pitch is just as important in Europe(Pep has been trying to get this across to people but it seems as though it's too complicated for them). You're one of those happy to play shit as long as we win something, I get it but I'm happy to say I don't agree. :)

Last edited:
1/10.

This isn't a difficult concept. A title challenge is the least what we should expect as an average season which would rate a 5. A treble would constitute a 10.

We didn't challenge for the title so it's below average and we didn't challenge for any trophies so it's not a 4.

I'm amazed that some are saying 7s and 8s. That's madness. It means that not only did we surpass an average season, we were closer to a perfect season than an average one.

Imagine Barca, Real or Bayern fans saying that a trophyless season where they went out of the CL in the Round of 16, we're knocked out of the cup by their local rivals and grabbed third on the last day was a 7 or 8 out of 10 season. It would never happen. Peps right when he talks about a small club mentality here.
1 is a bit over the top. You can't compare the competitiveness of here to Germany.

1/10.

I have to agree that 7 or 8 is being very generous. I do think that 3 is low but you have given your reasons and are entitled to them. For me it's been an average season when taking into account everything including key injuries, poor refereeing and frailties in a squad which had looked on their last legs the previous year. A 5 is about right imo.

I have to agree that 7 or 8 is being very generous. I do think that 3 is low but you have given your reasons and are entitled to them. For me it's been an average season when taking into account everything including key injuries, poor refereeing and frailties in a squad which had looked on their last legs the previous year. A 5 is about right imo.

The thing is though, 5 is average. Par for course. Not eventful either way.

I can't accept that a season 15 points off the title where we never even challenged at any point is a par season. I certainly don't think our board will see it that way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.