Rats

bluemoonmatt

Actual rats this is, not the vermin from across the city.

Twice over the last month, hardly an infestation but we have woken to find a dead rat in the back garden. I'm thinking some local cat kills em and leaves them there, but given I fucking hate rats I'm not impressed getting rid of the carcass. We don't have any clutter in our garden and our bins aren't overflowing or owt. The missus is panicking thinking they're nesting somewhere but there's certainly no evidence of this on our property. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do.

You are never more a few feet away from a rat,they are everywhere,,whatever it is killing them it's doing a good job,leave it to nature as if you go down the poisioning road you also kill any other animal that eats it

Actual rats this is, not the vermin from across the city.

Twice over the last month, hardly an infestation but we have woken to find a dead rat in the back garden. I'm thinking some local cat kills em and leaves them there, but given I fucking hate rats I'm not impressed getting rid of the carcass. We don't have any clutter in our garden and our bins aren't overflowing or owt. The missus is panicking thinking they're nesting somewhere but there's certainly no evidence of this on our property. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do.

we had them in our garage - neighbour at the time had guinea pigs in her garden and they were coming for the food and staying in the dry in the garage.

I removed anything they could nest/hide in. Went to Morrisons where they sell some rat poison pellets - RAID I think is the brand. Bought 2 boxes - was less than a tenner and filled up the little plastic trays with the blue pellets. They all went in short order so repeated the dose. I found one dead behind the wheelie bin and one on the drive one evening and that was it - not a sight nor sound since

Rats in battalion were ruling the street scene
Generation landslide
Closed the gap between em

And I laughed to myself at the men and the ladies
Who never concieved of us billion dollar babies

If you do use poison be very careful if you have pets. A mates stupid dog scoffed some and he only just got him to the vets in time.

We had a dead one in the wall cavity of the bathroom, never smelt anything like it. Was impossible to get too aswell, i ended up showering at the gym for 3 weeks

I have a small female cat and the other day after noticing a smell in one of the bedrooms. I had a look and found a huge rat curled up and decomposing.

It was half the size of the cat and I was initially worried it had got in somehow as it looks too big fir her to have killed. It wasn't a black rat but a brown one and looked like a giant mouse.

Rats are very clever, I admire them as a species.

Not in the bedroom though.

we had them in our garage - neighbour at the time had guinea pigs in her garden and they were coming for the food and staying in the dry in the garage.

I removed anything they could nest/hide in. Went to Morrisons where they sell some rat poison pellets - RAID I think is the brand. Bought 2 boxes - was less than a tenner and filled up the little plastic trays with the blue pellets. They all went in short order so repeated the dose. I found one dead behind the wheelie bin and one on the drive one evening and that was it - not a sight nor sound since

I had them in our garden shed, where the guinea pig was kept. They'd eaten through the shed floor to get in. When we had the shed removed there were 100s if not 1000's of empty snail shells under the floor. We called in the bloke in from the council who left some poison. He went around the garden pointing out where rats would nest, which was basically everywhere.

Our cat brought one in to the house a couple of years ago but hadn't killed it. That was a fucking treat having to catch a rat that was running around the house at about 2am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.