Read post on mancityfans.net - I agree

Hughes needs more time to either fail or succeed before we start crying for blood. Building takes time, and we suffered a major setback with Thaksin's nonsense.

Let Hughes work!

If Dunnie ain't scared of relegation, then neither am I. I'll be watching whether we are champions of the world or the laughingstock of English football. So let's just take a deep breath, step back, and let Hughes do his thing.

love bile like that ,he's right about the moderators one or two of em are control freak fuckwits

Didsbury Dave said:
Sorry, but that post sums up the mindless "get behind the lads" twaddle that keeps surfacing on here.

I didn't care two hoots what club Hughes had played for, I just wanted the best man for the job. And I supported him vociferously on forums to that effect. For his first few weeks I felt he was saying the right things and making decent signings. For the first couple of months of the season I was still behind him. It is only now I have decided I fear he is out of his depth.

But I don't go screaming that at the match, I discuss it intelligently with other Blues on here. I'm getting a bit sick of the tub-thumpers telling me I am disloyal, shit-stirring and not a proper Blue.

I with you dave but would go further to say that at the start of the season with a few bob to spend Hughes for me looked the ideal candidate with the knack of kompany and perhaps a rcs mark II from somewhere else all was good. However with the dimensions of this club changing so dramatically as you rightly say he is just so far out of his depth right now its loooking like time for him to go back to a club matching his ambitions. I believe Blackburn might just have an opening right now.

havelocke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Sorry, but that post sums up the mindless "get behind the lads" twaddle that keeps surfacing on here.

I didn't care two hoots what club Hughes had played for, I just wanted the best man for the job. And I supported him vociferously on forums to that effect. For his first few weeks I felt he was saying the right things and making decent signings. For the first couple of months of the season I was still behind him. It is only now I have decided I fear he is out of his depth.

But I don't go screaming that at the match, I discuss it intelligently with other Blues on here. I'm getting a bit sick of the tub-thumpers telling me I am disloyal, shit-stirring and not a proper Blue.

I agree with you Dave.

I'm behind him on match days...but that doesn't mean that I don't have my doubts about him.
I get the feeling he prefers to play the 4-4-2 with two wingers, but we don't have the midfields to play this system.
And I feel he is have trouble adapting.
The only sensible viewpoint is one of scepticism until the manager has proven himself

What has he done with the resources available? The performances have improved, as have the resources, but an unbalanced squad has been hit by one of the worst injury lists in the Premiership. The criticism about tactics and selections are for me unfounded.

Marvin said:
havelocke said:
I agree with you Dave.

I'm behind him on match days...but that doesn't mean that I don't have my doubts about him.
I get the feeling he prefers to play the 4-4-2 with two wingers, but we don't have the midfields to play this system.
And I feel he is have trouble adapting.
The only sensible viewpoint is one of scepticism until the manager has proven himself

What has he done with the resources available? The performances have improved, as have the resources, but an unbalanced squad has been hit by one of the worst injury lists in the Premiership. The criticism about tactics and selections are for me unfounded.

I appreciate your POV but, to sugget performances have improved is a tad "ambitious" dont you think?

Blue Mooner said:
Hughes inherited a team that had a TERRIBLE second half to the season.

I would argue with anyone who says the football we played in the second half of the season was better than the football we have seen this season.

People have VERY short memories. It was only a week or so ago that we beat Arsenal and Schalke which were accomplished performances and demonstrated the quality we have.

IF you want Huhes out - which quite frankly coming up to a key transfer window would throw all the plans being made into turmoil and be the craziest decision to make EVER - then please suggest an alternative and not Mourinho because there is ZERO evidence he would come.

We need to stick with Hughes and give him the FULL season. Like that poster I am SICK TO DEATH of the fickle nature of our fans. I sometimes wonder how many of the managers we have had over the years would have delivered success had they been given more time.

It's the same disease as Newcastle have suffered - Would Newcastle be in any worse position now if they had just stuck with Allardyce ? REMEMBER the job Hughes did at Blackburn before you label him as clueless.

Oh and I do 'think' that Man City fans.net vets the people it accepts. I tried to join ages ago and never received a login.

Well I can assure you we don't unless you were trying to sign up as Fred the Red. If you typed your e-mail address the way you spelled the name of the site, I wouldn't be surpriced if you never got confirmation mail though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.