Real Madrid vs. Malaga

LoveCity

Failure is not an option tonight for Mourinho's Real Madrid. 10pts behind Barca, even if they win their game in hand today (reducing it to 7pts) and beat Barca in El Classico II, catching Barca will still be near impossible.

Playing second from bottom Malaga who seem to pose no threat, but the main point of interest is that Malaga are managed by Pellegrini, who was booted from Real to make way for Jose. Same point last season, Pellegrini's Real were 1pt better off than Mourinho's.

Kicking off in a few minutes on Sky Sports 2. Adebayor and Kaka on the bench. Malaga are resting their main front line which makes you wonder if Pellegrini is conceding this already and resting them for a relegation battle at weekend.

-- Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:36 pm --

1-0, Benzema. Malaga have been woeful so far.

-- Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 pm --

2-0, shocking mistake puts Di Maria one-on-one for an easy goal.

-- Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 pm --

3-0, far too easy<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:20 pm --<br /><br />5-0 after 62 minutes.

This is Rags vs. Wigan-esque, a team beaten before kickoff. Shocking considering Mourinho has taunted Pellegrini this week, yet Pellegrini has rested some of his best players for the weekend match with Osasuna and they have been embarrassed badly.

Nearly 7-0, excellent saves by the keeper.

7-0

Ronaldo x3
Benzema x2
Di Maria
Marcelo

Malaga are disgraceful, looks like they could go down despite the big investment and big signings.

Malaga didnt put their best team out but they are a very poor side anyway. They rely on Baptista too much since they got him and i think hes out for about a month meaning that they are surely going to go down. I wonder if they will get fined for fielding a weakened team because they had no chance and have a better chance against Osasuna at the weekend ;). I somehow doubt it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.