Real Madrid want Otamendi

No one believes that though. Baresi by the way was a dirty in your face slide tackle anything in sight defender. So I don't know why he is on your list.

But more importantly, its easy to be good when you have support. Positioning means shit when your RB and LB are not there.

In short, positioning is often the luxury of players on teams with a lot of defensive help.

Fecking Franco Baresi, probably one of the greatest readers of the game, exposed as an Italian Richard dunne as he 'tackled hard'...

This is the otamendi being one of the prems best defenders thread, if you'd like an education on Franco Baresi I'll be glad to oblige via pm..

Didn't you state otamendi's upsurge towards the back end of the season was nothing to do with kompany?

No one believes that though. Baresi by the way was a dirty in your face slide tackle anything in sight defender. So I don't know why he is on your list.

But more importantly, its easy to be good when you have support. Positioning means shit when your RB and LB are not there.

In short, positioning is often the luxury of players on teams with a lot of defensive help.
You don't half talk some bollocks. You and Domino the pizza maker must be on some fuckin wind up on here

Fecking Franco Baresi, probably one of the greatest readers of the game, exposed as an Italian Richard dunne as he 'tackled hard'...

This is the otamendi being one of the prems best defenders thread, if you'd like an education on Franco Baresi I'll be glad to oblige via pm..

Didn't you state otamendi's upsurge towards the back end of the season was nothing to do with kompany?
Nope. I said no such thing. Lol.

What I said was that Otamendi was playing great for a month before Kompany became regular. Thus you can't ascribe Otamendi playing well to Kompany.

3) Kompany's inclusion made the whole team better, because Kompany in his own right is a darn good player and will add both defensive and offensive qualities to any team he joined.

But that fact does not make the following claim true:

"Otamendi only looked good because he was playing next to Kompany. Anyone looks good next to Kompany."

The above opinion is what I challenged. The way you have framed your statement makes a mockery of what I in fact challenged.

Otamendi will probably dwarf a of them statistical coz he has less support.
thats kind of my point. Ota would have better defensive stats although probs not for distribution. Doesn't mean he is a better defender though. His reading of the game and awareness of space and movement are well behind the four examples I listed.

Paul McGrath
Franco Baresi
Alan Hansen

You see it's a misconception to believe that the art of defending is to be a bulldozer!
Exactly! The very best defenders make it look effortless through their reading of the game and positional sense. They don't spend half of the time on their backs either.

Otamendi would probably jump through hoops for this move,could see him doing really well there!
He would definitely get a medal or two,maybe champ league.
Or should he stay for the Pep Revolution.(bag all four medals)
What's with Argentina,Pep no like? Seems keen on Brazilian.

Otamendi would probably jump through hoops for this move,could see him doing really well there!
He would definitely get a medal or two,maybe champ league.
Or should he stay for the Pep Revolution.(bag all four medals)
What's with Argentina,Pep no like? Seems keen on Brazilian.
Hates them, look at him trying to kill Messi -
Guardiola+messi+barca+barcablog+fcbarcelona+barcelona+barca+blog+fcb+news+Guardiola+messi+barca+barcablog+fcbarcelona+barcelona+barca+blog+fcb+news.jpg

Tha

thats kind of my point. Ota would have better defensive stats although probs not for distribution. Doesn't mean he is a better defender though. His reading of the game and awareness of space and movement are well behind the four examples I listed.
We don't have the stats for those guys and other guys in their era. Hence why I want folks to use players from this era who we have stays on.

I mean, a lot of the guys from those era achieved greatness on the backs of great games in key moments and team success. I've seen more Otamendi in 2 years than I saw Baresi in say 20 years or the guys you mentioned in 10 to 15 years. And every time I saw those guys, it was as a part of something great. So my view of them is romanticized.

Hence why I want comparisons to modern modernday greats. People we can dissect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.