Real Madrid want Otamendi

Not a surprise because Otamendi has what it takes to be world class. It is just his application sometimes seem wrong place wrong time.

I can see him go the Boateng way if he moves, and we will regret it.

Once he was along side Vinny he looked a different player. I'd be inclined to stick with him unless Madrid offer silly money.

My view on signing a CB has changed over the last few weeks. Unless we can get VVD for a reasonable price then I'd much rather that we spent the money on a quality CDM. Fabinho would make a lot of sense, considering that he can also cover at RB, but I think that this has been repeated to the nth degree already and the club don't seem interested. It looks like Fernando is on the way out and my concern is that we'll have nobody to bring on in order to close games out.

Unlikely, but perhaps we might shift out Otamendi for decent money, we should easily be able to get our money back on him in todays market and replace him with Mangala which would allow us to stick that cash into securing Sanchez and the fullbacks we desperately need? If all these rumours were true about Otamendi going and us not having the money to get all our targets since Alves shat on us, it could be an option.

I wouldn't be against it. Still convinced there's an excellent defender in Mangala, He and MDM was our best partnership a few seasons ago when Kompany was out for the most part of the season and he hardly got a chance to play with Vinnie, and we all saw how much better everyone else looked with him. Bit of an out there thought and unlikely to happen but it would be a potential solution to these rumoured issues...

My view on signing a CB has changed over the last few weeks. Unless we can get VVD for a reasonable price then I'd much rather that we spent the money on a quality CDM. Fabinho would make a lot of sense, considering that he can also cover at RB, but I think that this has been repeated to the nth degree already and the club don't seem interested. It looks like Fernando is on the way out and my concern is that we'll have nobody to bring on in order to close games out.

Not being interested in Fabinho is strange to me. He covers 2 positions and his distribution and defending are both seemingly complementaary to how we play. Maybe we sign him under the radar.

If Madrid really want Otemendi then I presume they intend to partner him with Ramos. Is Varane getting enough games for them? Could he be our target?

Unlikely, but perhaps we might shift out Otamendi for decent money, we should easily be able to get our money back on him in todays market and replace him with Mangala which would allow us to stick that cash into securing Sanchez and the fullbacks we desperately need? If all these rumours were true about Otamendi going and us not having the money to get all our targets since Alves shat on us, it could be an option.

I wouldn't be against it. Still convinced there's an excellent defender in Mangala, He and MDM was our best partnership a few seasons ago when Kompany was out for the most part of the season and he hardly got a chance to play with Vinnie, and we all saw how much better everyone else looked with him. Bit of an out there thought and unlikely to happen but it would be a potential solution to these rumoured issues...

We need to be improving the defense, not weakening it!

Mangala is a player with good physical attributes and zero mental attributes. It will take a fair few years to teach him how to defend properly. It's no coincidence that his best games were when he was tasked with looking after a large centre-forward. He needs continuous instruction or to be assigned tasks that don't require reading the game. He could become a good defender, but I doubt that Pep has the time or patience to develop him properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.