Real Madrid want Otamendi

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by The Doctor, 17 Jul 2017.

1. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey

I wouldn't agree he was our best centre back. But despite that, that's really not saying much as it wasn't exactly a vintage year for our CB's was it? Stones, first season, still very young, was always going to take a while to settle, Kompany was injured for the majority of it and Kolarov, in his 30's played in a position that was entirely alien to him until that point.

Fully aware of that, i merely suggested it as a potential option that Pep might be willing to take as it would tie in with two rumours of Otamendi going and us struggling to afford all of our targets this summer thanks to Alves. Again, assuming they were true. what i said was, if it meant Selling Otamendi and raising the funds we need, perhaps Pep might prefer/want to adapt for the league, and would be content with having just one ball playing centre back in certain games, primarily against teams with either big strong forwards or pacy forwards playing in a team that was direct. We looked very fragile against them last season and Mangala or a player in that build thrives on that kind of battle. I never once concluded Mangala was more suited than Otamendi, it was just a potential answer to a rumoured issue which essentially boiled down to, would Pep be willing to sell Otamendi, replace him with Mangala for a season if it means securing Sanchez this summer, or would he rather stick with Otamendi and have to wait a season for Sanchez. I'd pay for Otamendi's flights if i had that choice.

2. peter.evans

peter.evans

Just goes to show there are some complete bell ends who know nowt about football that support our club ! Pep played Kola regularly and most blues spoke highly of his performances in virtually every game. Do you actually watch games or just come in here spouting crap !

3. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Paint thinner I recon.

Glue wouldn't do this much damage ;)

4. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    I'd say we owe Mendes one or two, he's come to the plate this summer...

5. Blue Coop

Blue Coop

What fee would we expect then? £30-40m?

6. Barcon

Barcon

Stopped reading at Real Madrid want Otamendi.

7. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

They do. There have been articles in the Spanish press about it since January.

8. Ajm1985

Ajm1985

Go on...

9. Nigel De Shlong

Nigel De Shlong

If they are after otamendi could they offload one of varane or nacho?

10. malg

malg

They can have him. I'd have Mangala over him.