Real Madrid want Otamendi

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by The Doctor, 17 Jul 2017.

1. Fabulous

Fabulous

Unless Madrid is planning to convert Nacho to RB as a Danilo replacement, they wouldn't have the room for Otamendi without selling someone first.

2. bigf42

bigf42

Mangala vs Costa on his debut compared to Otamendi's pathetic effort.... The prosecution rests.

3. BlueisCity

BlueisCity

Morata looks off to Milan

Last edited: 17 Jul 2017
  4. Fabulous

Fabulous

You mean Morata? He's a striker though. They already have 4 good CB's. So unless they plan to sell one, which I don't think is likely.

5. BlueisCity

BlueisCity

Nacho can feature anywhere in the backline it seems, and they look to also be losing Danilo. Vallejo is still raw leaving Ramos/Varane and Otamendi would come in to strengthen them even more. Just my thoughts.

6. Cityfan1977

Cityfan1977

i disagree Kompany was our best centra half last season

7. aguerooo93

aguerooo93

Yeah, Kompany was by far the best when fit. Otamendi was very underrated though, people only remember the errors they don't remember the countless interceptions, last-ditch tackles, blocks and aerial duels won. By the stats, Otamendi was one of the best center-backs in the league last season. Shame that the pundits only focus on his mistakes

8. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

Really good post.

Vastly underrated and is criticised by the match of the day crowd

9. Horsesays

Horsesays

Because the stats don't factor in being out of position at all

10. Homar

Homar

Totally agree. He saved us countless times last season and the season before. His heroics far outnumber his blushes. I've never understood why people don't rate him. I get that he's not the quickest centre-half around, but the effect of this was greatly exaggerated by our lousy fullbacks, who were absolutely fucking useless. Seriously, what is he supposed to do when we get caught up the field and our fullbacks are out of possession and jogging back? There's not a single CB in the league that would fare well under those circumstances. Getting rid of him would be a colossal error of judgement unless we're able to bring someone like VVD in. The fact that Real Madrid are interested says it all.