Realistic outcome now for rest of season

think we will do a lot better with what's left of the season if YAYA 'can't be arsed' Toure gets bloody dropped!

They kept 3 clean sheets together up until last week
Against Sunderland, Villa and Palace

We've conceded 3 or more against Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester. Looked shaky against Everton and had an absolute mare at the back vs West Ham

I know Mangala played in some of those shite games but you can lump him in with Otamendi and Demichelis as not fit for purpose

Against Sunderland, Villa and Palace

We've conceded 3 or more against Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester. Looked shaky against Everton and had an absolute mare at the back vs West Ham

I know Mangala played in some of those shite games but you can lump him in with Otamendi and Demichelis as not fit for purpose
They have not been as bad as you first posted but you have clearly made your mind up they are to blame when they have had zero protection from midfield so you crack on and i'll wait and see what pep does with them

They have not been as bad as you first posted but you have clearly made your mind up they are to blame when they have had zero protection from midfield so you crack on and i'll wait and see what pep does to them

Edited for accuracy.

They have not been as bad as you first posted but you have clearly made your mind up they are to blame when they have had zero protection from midfield so you crack on and i'll wait and see what pep does with them

They were to blame for the three goals on Saturday. Evidently.

He'll fuck them off if he has any sense

CL QF, CapOne Cup Winners, PL Winners, knocked out of FA Cup by Chelsea after playing the kids.

League Cup winners and CL qualification will be good enough for this nightmarish season.

Winning the Prem was always the bedrock of our ambitions to win a trophy this season, this now looks unlikely.
Whether we agree or not our owners will prioritise the Champs league ,a competition we cannot win, over the FA Cup ,a competition we can win, (whether we agree or not). In view of our injury crisis and the proximity of the Chelsea game to the Kiev match means we will play a token side at the Bridge which makes the FA cup a write off.
The League Cup then becomes our only realistic hope of a trophy. Given we will be tired after Kiev ,our injuries and the probability Pellers will repeat the same tactical errors of the Etihad encounter a win looks unlikely.
Failure in the cup competitions was always a possibility but was palatable if we were on course for another Premiership title. With that gone the season is now one of damage limitation with the League Cup and top four finish ( hopefully third), the most we can hope for.

The league is still winnable. We look far from doing that at the moment but I'm definitely not giving up on it.
Maybe Saturday's result will spark a reaction against Spurs? Win that, no matter how, and knowing at least one of Arsenal and Leicester will drop points, then the outlook will seem much better.
We showed against Everton in the cup that we still have fight left in us.

We need an injection of life, a breath of fresh air. I feel that could come from winning the League Cup. Easier said than done given our last result against Liverpool, but fingers crossed Kompany will be back by then, and we all know his influence is massive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.