Realistic outcome now for rest of season

The league is still winnable. We look far from doing that at the moment but I'm definitely not giving up on it.
Maybe Saturday's result will spark a reaction against Spurs? Win that, no matter how, and knowing at least one of Arsenal and Leicester will drop points, then the outlook will seem much better.
We showed against Everton in the cup that we still have fight left in us.

We need an injection of life, a breath of fresh air. I feel that could come from winning the League Cup. Easier said than done given our last result against Liverpool, but fingers crossed Kompany will be back by then, and we all know his influence is massive.

I admire your optimism, but you can't ignore the facts which are not going to change this season:

No wins vs Top 6 and "choking" the big games
Recurring Injuries
Woeful Tactics
Poor management

think we will do a lot better with what's left of the season if YAYA 'can't be arsed' Toure gets bloody dropped!

No chance! We have 13 fit players and Yaya gets in by default. Come to think of it........Yaya is injury proof.

CL semi finals
Premiership champions
League cup Winners
Last min heartbreak v chavs with plucky youngsters & a couple of injury returnees.
Not bad.

A few months ago,I said we'd clean up domestically and get to the CL quarters.
Still think we'll be champions,think we'll do the dippers in the COC,still think we will get to the Quarters of the CL.
Think we will go Gung Ho in the FA Cup as to not get a replay.

Still think we'll be champions,think we'll do the dippers in the COC,still think we will get to the Quarters of the CL.

Is it based on anything in particular you are witnessing on the pitch because that's where the problem comes in for me.

I can accept when we have all players fit and firing the above would be a very possible scenario. With the problems we have currently injury wise I can't see how things are going to change any time soon and with Spurs home and Liverpool away the next two league games we could be too far behind by then unless something changes very quickly in both performances and tactics.

Is it based on anything in particular you are witnessing on the pitch because that's where the problem comes in for me.

I can accept when we have all players fit and firing the above would be a very possible scenario. With the problems we have currently injury wise I can't see how things are going to change any time soon and with Spurs home and Liverpool away the next two league games we could be too far behind by then unless something changes very quickly in both performances and tactics.

We could be too far behind......COULD.....as it stands,there is a possible 42 points to play for,not saying we will win all the games to get them points,but anything can happen.....COC is a one off game,FA cup v Wigan should remind us nothing is certain,CL....over 2 legs I genuinely think we can do Kiev,even with the injuries we have...just opinion mate,nothing more.

What you drinking mate?
I'm fed up with Stella and Carlsberg.

I don't think people have given up they are just being realistic.
Our record against top 6 teams played 7 W0 D3 L4. I think we will finish 4th especially with the Silva injury now.
I think COC is 50/50 as Liverpool aren't much good but seem to do well against us.
CL last 8 maybe, and in the FA Cup as we play Chavs just before we play in CL I think that will be it.

I think injuries have played their part, but the managers lack of any real tactics and his inabilities to play Yaya where he isn't a liability and the fact half the team are under performing will ultimately cost us this season.

I seriously pray Aguero doesn't get an injury or we will be fighting the cr*p rags for 4th spot.

Obviously hope I'm seriously wrong and we win the lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.