Realistic starting 11 and squad for next season

If we include our most linked targets, we'll have 1 world-class player in every position, 1 potentially world-class one for rotation as well as a prospect either on loan or in the academy (who I've bracketed):

GK: Ederson, Bravo
LB: Mendy, Bertrand, (Angelino)
CB: Kompany, Otamendi, Stones, Kolarov, Tosin
RB: Alves, Walker, (Maffeo)
CDM: Fernandinho, Toure, Delph, (Aleix Garcia)
LW/CAM/RW: Silva, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Sanchez, Sane, Sterling (Robers, Zinchenko, Manu Garcia)
ST: Aguero, Jesus, (Moreno)

If we include our most linked targets, we'll have 1 world-class player in every position, 1 potentially world-class one for rotation as well as a prospect either on loan or in the academy (who I've bracketed):

LW/CAM/RW: Silva, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Sanchez, Sane, Sterling (Robers, Zinchenko, Manu Garcia)

I like this squad. Nice blend of experience and youth. I have a general question. Could John stones or Tosin be used as the pivot?

Squad is too big, I imagine you forgot about Gundogan, which if added would make your squad 30 players.

For example, if Dinho, Toure and Delph are your CDMs, of which we play with only 1, then Aleix is better off being loaned out.

It's possible I misunderstood your naming of these players, are you saying you want Angelino and Maffeo in the squad as backups to the other fullbacks, or you want them in the squad in the future? Because with 4 fullbacks they would get no playtime, Maffeo could replace Alves after he leaves.

Sanchez - Aguero - Bernardo
Silva - De Bruyne
Mendy ----- Toure ----- Walker
Otamendi - Kompany
Ederson

I'd be very happy with this line up:

-------------------Ederson-------------------
Walker--Kompany-----Pepe----Mendy
Silva/KDB---Fabinho-----Silva
Sane-----------Aguero---------Sanchez

Ederson

Walker kompany stones mendy

David Silva Fernandinho kdb

Bernardo Silva jesus sanchez

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.