Realistic starting 11 and squad for next season

Back five pick themselves other than stones or oti - I'd go with the latter based on end last season form.
The big problem is holder or not due to the pickings we have attacking wise. Still not sure if he'll playa back 3 on occasions just to accommodate attackers.
Serge Jesus Sane KDB Dave nailed on for me to start this leaves one from ya ya fern dog sterling Bernard Danilo leaving 5 on the bench with a cb keeper and youngster when short.
You pay your money you take your choice - it's definitely going to be interesting and everyone will get chances and injuries/suspensions. Most satisfying is we will have a top bench to change things oppose to last seasons which was weak.
Looking forward to it!

....................Ederson...................
...........Kompany.....Stones...........
Walker...........D. Silva..........Mendy
...........B. Silva..........KDB.......
Sterling............................Sane
............Aguero or Jesus...........

I'm hoping we start to phase in the 3-4-3 next season

Ederson

Stones Kompany Otamedi

Walker Fernandinho Silva Mendy

De Bryune

Aguero Jesus

or

Ederson

Stones Kompany Otamedi

Sterling Gundogan Toure Sane

Bernado Aguero Jesus

an embarrassment of riches!

I would be gobsmacked if Pep picks Otamendi to play on the left side of a back 3.

I'd be surprised if both Aguero and Jesus start in more games next season.Judging by the selections when Jesus arrived it would appear to me that Pep would give him the nod as first choice starting the season too.

At a guess I think you're looking at:

...................Yaya

........Gundogan........D.Silva

..KDB................................Sane

...................Jesus

That's my guess at a first choice front 6.

Then:

...................Danilo

.......Fernandinho.......D.Silva

..B.Silva..........................Sterling

...................Aguero

2nd choice. Think David is the only constant in the 2 teams.

Obviously there's room for manoeuvre with formations. It would shock me if Jesus and Aguero were partnered in the majority of games though.

david silva as a dm would be interesting

i don't think we'll play with one as such. We'll play really tight triangles in the middle, meaning possession will be even better this year. If we can retain possession and start banging in the chances, I think Pep will play without what we see as a DM.

i don't think we'll play with one as such. We'll play really tight triangles in the middle, meaning possession will be even better this year. If we can retain possession and start banging in the chances, I think Pep will play without what we see as a DM.
Personally I think in the modern game there crucial, especially when we're going to play five other attacking players.We would just be to open without one imo

Personally I think in the modern game there crucial, especially when we're going to play five other attacking players.We would just be to open without one imo

It all depends on the back line tbh.

Having Mendy and Walker now means we'll be lightning on the counter attack, which in turn means teams will respect it more.

We're gonna find teams will try one approach to beating us next year, lump it long. If this is the case, a DM becomes a complete passenger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.