Recommended football reading/books

Hello everyone, I have asked permission for this.

I am a Sunderland fan - we have always got on really well with City, ill never forget various trips to Maine road, especially the relegation in 89/90. Also, ill never forget the pleasure we had watching the Utd fans when Aguero scored!!

This is also helped by the fact my best mate is a City season ticket holder and has been for over 30 years. We often reminisce about the olden days. I went with him to loads of City games and he came with me to Sunderland ones too!! My favourite City one was when I bet on 3-0 and Goater to score first away at Barnsley!! Booooom!!

Anyway, I'm waffling.

I am coming on to let you all know about a book I have just written. You may well have heard about it. I have been on many radio stations across the country and also on the talkSPORT H and J show.

The book took 8 years to write and it is my applying to EVERY single club in the country applying to be their manager using funny letters. In the end I applied to all 92 league clubs and the national team. The book compiles all of my funny letters and the responses I received. Some of which were hilarious in their own right!! I even got a job offer of sorts from one club!!

The reason I am reaching out to you is two fold - firstly you are a proper club with proper fans, the second one is that your club was one of the ones to reply, they also gave me permission to publish the reply and were great with me. It is quite a standard response but the fact the then champions responded at all was brilliant. I think your fans will love the book.

Here is a link to the eBook, it is £2.99 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/REJECTED-Peter-Richardson-ebook/dp/B01M0Y3UPL/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

and here is the paperback - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REJECTED-...116952?hash=item2a78d90cd8:g:0HcAAOSw-0xYOwgR

Feedback so far has been brilliant so I think you will like it!!

Many thanks for reading my waffle, I look forward to hearing from you.

See David whites autobiography is out in the 2nd of February. Looking forward to reading it.

Hello everyone, I have asked permission for this.

I am a Sunderland fan - we have always got on really well with City, ill never forget various trips to Maine road, especially the relegation in 89/90. Also, ill never forget the pleasure we had watching the Utd fans when Aguero scored!!

This is also helped by the fact my best mate is a City season ticket holder and has been for over 30 years. We often reminisce about the olden days. I went with him to loads of City games and he came with me to Sunderland ones too!! My favourite City one was when I bet on 3-0 and Goater to score first away at Barnsley!! Booooom!!

Anyway, I'm waffling.

I am coming on to let you all know about a book I have just written. You may well have heard about it. I have been on many radio stations across the country and also on the talkSPORT H and J show.

The book took 8 years to write and it is my applying to EVERY single club in the country applying to be their manager using funny letters. In the end I applied to all 92 league clubs and the national team. The book compiles all of my funny letters and the responses I received. Some of which were hilarious in their own right!! I even got a job offer of sorts from one club!!

The reason I am reaching out to you is two fold - firstly you are a proper club with proper fans, the second one is that your club was one of the ones to reply, they also gave me permission to publish the reply and were great with me. It is quite a standard response but the fact the then champions responded at all was brilliant. I think your fans will love the book.

Here is a link to the eBook, it is £2.99 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/REJECTED-Peter-Richardson-ebook/dp/B01M0Y3UPL/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

and here is the paperback - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REJECTED-...116952?hash=item2a78d90cd8:g:0HcAAOSw-0xYOwgR

Feedback so far has been brilliant so I think you will like it!!

Many thanks for reading my waffle, I look forward to hearing from you.

Did this message get made public or not?

Thank you to Ric for permission to post.

Christ, how has nobody not mentioned the @Gary James book on Manchester football, absolutely enthralling, detailed research for anyone who is not a sky fanboy who thinks football began in 1992

A bit surprised that no one has yet mentioned THE MIRACLE OF CASTEL DI SANGRO. Thats anothe gem and the last chapter is EXTREMELY interesting to say the least.......

Totally agree, incredible how a town of only 5 or 6000 inhabitants made it that high in the pyramid of Italian football, it's a great read.

General

Back Home 1970: Jeff Dawson(using many City references)

Ajax: The Dutch and the Second World War: Simon Kuper

White Storm: Peter Ball exploring the Real Madrid Psyche

Dynamo: Defending the honour of Kiev: Andy Douglas

City

George Best and 21 Others: Colin Shindler

Max Woosnam: All Round Genius: Mick Collins

Just finished a book called "Caesars, Saviours & Suckers" by Bob Holmes about the impact of foreign ownership on 10 clubs, us included. Some incredible stories in there, including some absolute horror stories. Covers Villa, Blackburn, us, Chelsea, the two Nottingham clubs, QPR, Wolves, Portsmouth & Hearts. Really worth reading.

Also reading Andrew Jennings book about FIFA but his writing style is awful. Doesn't build a decent narrative at all.

Christ, how has nobody not mentioned the @Gary James book on Manchester football, absolutely enthralling, detailed research for anyone who is not a sky fanboy who thinks football began in 1992
Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

Talking of Manchester football you may be interested in my latest research which is free to download for a limited period here: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14660970.2016.1276238?src=recsys I'd encourage all to get it while you can. There's a few mentions of City and United that I think City fans will appreciate plus, if you're interested in rugby or lacrosse it explains how those developed and were surpassed by football. It's an academic paper but I'm sure everyone will get something from it. The more it's downloaded the greater the opportunity that further research of this type and on Manchester football will be published (plus the more likely other articles will be made free for a period). So please feel free to download it and pass on the link via your facebook/twitter accounts etc.

Thanks again to all those interested in my work. Cheers

(p.s. I forgot to mention that the publisher likes to show all tweets mentioning the research link - see the metrics tab and then the twitter tab to see previous tweets about it: twitter http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14660970.2016.1276238?src=recsys Thanks).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.