Reece Oxford.

domalino

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2814820/west-ham-youth-reece-oxford-a-target-for-man-city-sources

ESPN Think we are seriously looking at getting him, which has been reported a few times elsewhere, but I thought I'd make a thread now as ESPN seem to Have a good source at the club - especially at this level. They've had a couple of academy stories lately, only a few days ago they had a story about some of the u16s stalling on signing their contracts, which people initially rubbished only for @twosips to confirm it was true.

It's an interesting potential transfer IMO. Not sure if I'm for it or not - hard to really say when he's only started 2 or 3 professional games.

If his future is at CB, we already have Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala who are likely to stay. Denayer on his way back, Tosin is highly rated and the management seem to love Humphreys. Kean Bryan seems to be playing more in defence now too.

So there's not a lot of potential game time at CB.

If his future is in midfield, then it seems a better move - Yaya is likely gone, Fernandinho is 31 in May, Fernando has had some great games like last night, but they are few and far between and is he ever going to be really good? Or just useful?

Youth-wise I'm not sure we really have many true destroyers? Aleix Garcia is a totally different type of player, I think Davenport plays furthest back in the u18s midfield.

So maybe that makes more sense. I'm sure the media would hate it as per, and I'm not sure it sends out the best message to the kids in the academy, pretty cutthroat to bring in a 17 year old ahead of them without even giving them a chance to show if they are good enough to take that spot in the squad.

And he'd likely be playing in the u21s for at least a year because he's still mostly playing youth football now.

An important point - because he's only 17, he would count as not just an association trained HG players but actually a club trained player, same as Roberts.

After Fernando's decent performance yesterday I was thinking how in all likelihood he'll be leaving in the summer but a player of his ilk would still be handy to have in the squad.

This lad sprung to mind as he wouldn't have to be registered in the PL squad, he's home grown and would ultimately be club trained aswell. Only seen him the once against Arsenal but he was very impressive that day.

After Fernando's decent performance yesterday I was thinking how in all likelihood he'll be leaving in the summer but a player of his ilk would still be handy to have in the squad.

This lad sprung to mind as he wouldn't have to be registered in the PL squad, he's home grown and would ultimately be club trained aswell. Only seen him the once against Arsenal but he was very impressive that day.
Xhaka will fill out for Fernando, and Gundogan for Yaya. Reece has potential but im not seeing where he'd currently fit in, if not on loan away.

More speculation in todays papers that an offer will be going in.

My question is.....why,after such a spectacular breakthrough,has he now disappeared off the radar? and,like the OP asks,where would his positional future lie?

I'd rather just promote Kean Bryan, I don't see any point in buying other peoples unproven kids when we have excellent ones of our own

Like everyone else, would rather see an academy player, but you have to trust Pep knows what he's doing RE kids and the academy because that's one of the main reasons we've gotten him.

Hes 17. Bryan is 19. Oxford has 9 appearences this year for a team that is just behind us, and many west ham fans arent sure why he hasnt played more. Think of him as their kelechi in a way. Bryan isnt a guaranteed starter for the eds. If we sign oxford, i am sure we have our reasons

Fair points.

Hes 17. Bryan is 19. Oxford has 9 appearences this year for a team that is just behind us, and many west ham fans arent sure why he hasnt played more. Think of him as their kelechi in a way. Bryan isnt a guaranteed starter for the eds. If we sign oxford, i am sure we have our reasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.