Reece Oxford.

I like Oxford but this transfer doesn't make a whole lot of sense for me.

At Centreback - we've currently got Kompany, Mangala, Otamendi, Denayer. We're chasing after Stones and Bonucci.

So even if Mangala and Denayer leave - Oxford is still going to be 5th choice.

West Ham just sold Tomkins, so he's 3rd choice there now.

As a defensive midfielder it makes a bit more sense - Perhaps Oxford could replace Fernando, but is he going to play that much when we already have Fernandinho, who's always fit, or the possibility of Gundogan as anchor in easier games to accommodate Silva and KDB? Plus Aleix Garcia would be the obvious kid for that Busquets role.

Not to mention our YPOTY and new EDS captain Davenport is the same age and Pep's philosophy is supposed to be about favouring in-house youngsters if possible.

No doubt Oxford is a very promising kid, I just don't see where the space in the squad is for him to play. And if we pay £15m we're not going to have him half in the EDS like he was at West Ham last season.

So it doesn't make much sense for us, and it definitely doesn't make sense for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.