Reece Oxford.

I would rather see Alexis Garcia, Manu Garcia, Maffeo & Angelino given a fair chance before we go and buy average players who will never make it at City.

If Pep wants to sign him he must have good reason. I would love to see our current youngsters given chances, Pep should know about these, but we do not want to miss out on potential top quality.

If we do sign him he must have been given good indications that he will be around our first team. West Ham will not sell cheap, would we be looking at £10m +?

I would rather see Alexis Garcia, Manu Garcia, Maffeo & Angelino given a fair chance before we go and buy average players who will never make it at City.
I cant quite fathom what any of the above players have to do with Reece Oxford? you may as well have included Gunn and Lawlor.

Kean Bryan who's obviously not good enough hence his lack of first team opportunities over a young lad who's impressed for West Ham in some big games this season?
Obviously not good enough because he's not been given a chance yet? Utter bollocks. No way in a million years would Oxford have played any part for us this year had he been here either.

Not convinced Oxford has been particularly impressive either, other than having one decent game as a midfield destroyer against Arsenal. He's only started 3 games and been dragged off at half time in two of them after barely touching the ball. He's all hype at this point because he's very young and has been given a chance and not looked out of place physically, but beyond that he's done little to suggest he's better than our young players. Maybe he's got more to his game than being physically impressive for a kid, but I've not seen it yet.

Perhaps he'll get there. But nothing about Reese Oxford jumps out at me. Even his marque Arsenal game appearance, thought he just kept it simple. He is young, bit nothing he does jumps out at me.

If Pep wants him, why not. But outside of being extremely young, I see no unique characteristics. Perhaps I need to see him more.

16 yearolds who often play with adults often have a level of technical mastery, speed, or unique size for their age to make up the lack experience. He has non of the above. He isn't exceptionally technical, not exceptionally fast or quick, not exceptionally big or strong. Sure, he is tallish. But not uniquely so. He is tentative, Normal for a kid, but doesn't stand out at anything in particular.

He could very well go on to be a phenomenal player. But as of right now, nothing outside of his age, points in that direction.

Oxford played some games as CM, thats why giving Alexis Garcia a chance can be better idea than buying Oxford.
So,from your list....you give me one comparative who,in reality......isn't,at all.

A Garcia is a deep lying playmaker as opposed to the defensively minded,possibly box to box,type that is Oxford.

The point being.....your contribution made little sense as you compared apples with oranges.

So,from your list....you give me one comparative who,in reality......isn't,at all.

A Garcia is a deep lying playmaker as opposed to the defensively minded,possibly box to box,type that is Oxford.

The point being.....your contribution made little sense as you compared apples with oranges.

This exactly,city are scouting every academy in the country and want the best players,reece oxford if he fits the bill,then we move for him,simple economics.

Looked good against Arsenal early on, but clearly West Ham don't think he's ready yet. So is he any better than say Davenport in midfield or Tosin or Humphreys at centre half?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.