Ref for Everton (a)

So, and although it’s quite boring and dull to repeat what YOU wrote, I’ll quote you again and hopefully you’ll be able to “get it” this time. Here’s what you wrote…(read slowly),…”give me examples where Clattenburg has given us favourable decisions that shouldn’t have been given” Now, please note, ‘cos I don’t think you got this last time round, you didn’t ask for decisions where he’s allowed a goal, given a penalty, disallowed a goal. That’s what you added later (check the thread. Slowly). I then gave you a very simple, easy to follow example of exactly what you originally asked for. So, again, read through the thread, slowly, look at what you originally asked for; then read what I posted. It really is very simple. Unlike your convoluted, spurious and feeble attempts to change the argument to suit the agenda that City are hard done by. Now gp and undo the knot in your panties. You’ll feel much better.
Sorry for being a bit of an arse but I've done the research on two bases. I've compared our average PPG over six years against our average PPG for each of the main refs and Clattenburg's is way out of line (whereas most of the others are within an acceptable range). If it had been in line, we'd have been about 15 points better off and I went back through the reports of all his games and could highlight incidents that, if taken in isolation, have cost us at least 13 points.

And I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, that the club have been able to demonstrate an organised campaign against us by certain refs in the 2011/12 season to Mike Riley. And I can also say that we think the same is happening again and that I believe we will hopefully be taking a very public step in the near future to counteract this. Watch this space.

Sorry for being a bit of an arse but I've done the research on two bases. I've compared our average PPG over six years against our average PPG for each of the main refs and Clattenburg's is way out of line (whereas most of the others are within an acceptable range). If it had been in line, we'd have been about 15 points better off and I went back through the reports of all his games and could highlight incidents that, if taken in isolation, have cost us at least 13 points.

And I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, that the club have been able to demonstrate an organised campaign against us by certain refs in the 2011/12 season to Mike Riley. And I can also say that we think the same is happening again and that I believe we will hopefully be taking a very public step in the near future to counteract this. Watch this space.
If the club can prove there’s been an organised campaign against us, then that would be dynamite stuff. They’d need something written (emails, texts, taped recordings) otherwise it’d just be the club’s word against the refs’ association. If they do have such evidence then we’re talking Serie A Juve / fixing-style stuff aren’t we?!? I think it would be massively difficult, near-impossible to prove without some “smoking gun”: a text, an email, a letter, a taped conversation. Hopefully, we’re good enough to march on and win it without recourse to discussing controversial decisions.

I've checked the individual games for Clattenburg & Dean from 2010/11 to date. Clattenburg's done 24 PL games of ours of which 12 were against "big" clubs (rags, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs,Liverpool). Dean's done 26 of which 9 were against those same clubs. Our ppg are 1.41 under Clattenburg and 2.07 under Dean. To me, that's significant but it's even more interesting when you look at some of the individual games under Clattenburg.

In 2011/12 there were 4 games he reffed, 3 of which involved dubious decisions and two games where those decisions could well have cost us points. There was the 6-1 at the swamp, where Evans had just been sent off and Anderson bundled over Richards in the area. Should have been a penalty but he claimed it was a "coming together". 2-0 up against 10 men and he's knows we've won that. As it happens it didn't matter but he didn't know that at the time. Then there was the 2-2 draw at Fulham where everyone felt that Dzeko was fouled in the build-up to one of their goals. If he gives that foul then I reckon we'd have won that game so that counts as 2 points dropped due to a dubious refereeing decision in my eyes. Our first loss that season was at Chelsea where, at 1-0 up, again we were denied a blatant penalty for a trip on Silva. Had we gone 2-0 up, we'd probably have won that game, plus there was the Clichy sending off for two soft yellow cards early in the second half. So that's probably another 3 points he cost us.

The next season we drew 1-1 at Stoke after Crouch's blatant handball when he scored. Again, possibly another 2 points he robbed us of.

In 2013/14 there was the 3-2 defeat at Anfield, where he denied us another 2 nailed-on penalties and failed to give Suarez what would have been a second yellow card for a dive (which he'd given us a free kick for). You could argue we'd probably have won that if he'd given the first penalty and the red for Suarez, certainly got a draw.

In 2014/15 he reffed a 2-2 draw at Arsenal where Pellegrini claimed there were fouls in the build-up to both their goals. I think he was wrong on one but certainly right on the other and there was also a handball by Wilshere in the Arsenal area that didn't bring a penalty. Don't think there was anything too controversial in the other 5 games that season, which included the 4-2 loss at the swamp and a 2-1 loss at Chelsea.

Last season there were the two Spurs games, with two offside goals for Spurs in the first and that ludicrous penalty against Sterling in the home game.

When you list those decisions, it looks a lot. Each and everyone comes painfully back, although I do think it is a little harsh to judge him on the offsides for spurs. Didn't he also ref the Derby at ours a couple seasons back where smalling got sent off rightly. Then Rojo same game went in blatantly two footed and he didn't even card him?

I'm firmly of the opinion that he generally gives very little our way unless he has to.

When you list those decisions, it looks a lot. Each and everyone comes painfully back, although I do think it is a little harsh to judge him on the offsides for spurs. Didn't he also ref the Derby at ours a couple seasons back where smalling got sent off rightly. Then Rojo same game went in blatantly two footed and he didn't even card him?

I'm firmly of the opinion that he generally gives very little our way unless he has to.
I thought it was Oliver who did that derby. There was a nailed on penalty just before half time as well that was missed, and that could have been another sending off.

I thought it was Oliver who did that derby. There was a nailed on penalty just before half time as well that was missed, and that could have been another sending off.
And A&E gobbing on Sergio. He also didn't red card Hart for putting his head in his face.

It was Oliver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.