Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit OTT to say Ederson has been vilified by all and sundry. I don't think anyone has criticised Ederson and i was pretty pleased that Dan Taylor in the Guardian highlighted how out of order the section of liverpool fans were who booed him . A few pundits have (wrongly) tried to say Mane shouldn't have been sent off but all of the football writers i'd normally take the slightest bit of notice of have come down in the referee's favour in that one.
Whilst you are indeed to correct to say that the OP's comment was OTT about Ederson, equally your assertion that you don't think anyone has criticised Ederson is incorrect. Klopp himself said that Ederson 'was bouncing around in the technical area' towards the end of the game so there's your starter for ten. Can we agree on 'a healthy proportion of press and dipper fans suggesting Ederson 'made the most of it'?

Ederson wasn't seriously injured but I actually think he didn't do himself any favour's by keeping his hand's low and leading with the most vunerable part of his body.
Next time he'll be better off using his shoulder to protect himself, or leading with his chest, just making himself big.

The fucking lad is 6"3', he's hardly inconfuckingspicuous. You know full well just like the other 50,000 people in that ground that he'd have been sent off for elbowing Mane's boot, just like Walker got sent off for standing too close to that scouse twat and Sterling got sent off for having the audacity to celebrate a 97th minute winner with some fans who run onto the pitch.

The fucking lad is 6"3', he's hardly inconfuckingspicuous. You know full well just like the other 50,000 people in that ground that he'd have been sent off for elbowing Mane's boot, just like Walker got sent off for standing too close to that scouse twat and Sterling got sent off for having the audacity to celebrate a 97th minute winner with some fans who run onto the pitch.
As I said in a previous post, Stan Collymores words not mine.

Whilst you are indeed to correct to say that the OP's comment was OTT about Ederson, equally your assertion that you don't think anyone has criticised Ederson is incorrect. Klopp himself said that Ederson 'was bouncing around in the technical area' towards the end of the game so there's your starter for ten. Can we agree on 'a healthy proportion of press and dipper fans suggesting Ederson 'made the most of it'?

Well I'd expect a section of Liverpool's fans to come out with partisan nonsense like that and if Klopp has said that he's shown himself up tbh. I haven't seen a healthy proportion of the press (or indeed any of the press) criticise Ederson though. Worst I heard was James Richardson on Totally Football podcast (who I usually like) question what Ederson was doing so far out but he was rightfully pulled up on that ridiculous opinion by his guests. Whatever point the OP had to make, i don't really think the Ederson incident is applicable here.

Ederson wasn't seriously injured but I actually think he didn't do himself any favour's by keeping his hand's low and leading with the most vunerable part of his body.
Next time he'll be better off using his shoulder to protect himself, or leading with his chest, just making himself big.
Surely he kept his hands down as he was well outside his area. Had to head the ball knowing he would be clattered - probably didn't anticipate getting a full set of studs to the jaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.