Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's happening too often that a side can kick lumps out of us and our players get no protection.

Last season the Chelsea match ended in a brawl because Taylor allowed Chelsea to foul and hurt our players with impunity, Arsenal did it at Wembley, the rags got away with swinging elbows at the swamp, Palace did it in Selhurst Park, WBA did it last night.

Last night, time and again they got away with niggly fouls, the bigger fouls produced frees but no cards and the worst of the lot produced a yellow card. I seem to recall the FA were to clamp down on out of control tackles and tackles from behind, Yacob's was both. Jones is a pathetic, weak willed worm who can't control a match. He is also a symptom of so much that is short sighted and wrong in English football

One of the reasons the English national side performs poorly, why the numbers of English players in the premier league is dropping is because the thuggery last night is accepted and sometimes embraced. "Jonny Foreigner doesn't like it up 'em", "reducers", "let them know you're there"- all versions of the same cliche that sees bad and dangerous tackles as acceptable if it works for your team.

There is a huge difference between knowing how to tackle and using physicality to hurt the opposition. Too often reckless and dangerous fouls are accepted despite the risk to players because "it's a man's game". What's the point in developing skillful footballers capable of beating a man with skill or a wonderful pass, or players with good technique and control if you're going to applaud the team hard man going in late or high or from behind and hurt the same players as some act of impressive physicality.

If the premier league is ever going to fully get beyond stone age coaching then the sneaking admiration for the talent less brute has to stop. The guy who goes in hard and late should be sent off every time and be the pariah not the cult hero.

my thoughts exactly... how that tackle from behind is not sanctioned with a red is beyond me...

I swear every season there's one game or two when we thrash some minnows and get some beneficial refereeing when it didn't matter anyway and people talk about us as evil old City always getting decisions.

And when it goes against us (ie when the decision matters) it's swept under the carpet.

I agree that tackle by Jacob on Ilkay should have been a straight red card. yet again Mike Jones chickens out of awarding a red card, but only issues a yellow. Who ever is in charge at PGMOl should get in touch with this ref. and tell him straight that if he fails to issue a red card for a similar tackle he will find himself ref games in the Vanarama league.

Anyway who is the ref for tomorrow's game

I swear every season there's one game or two when we thrash some minnows and get some beneficial refereeing when it didn't matter anyway and people talk about us as evil old City always getting decisions.

And when it goes against us (ie when the decision matters) it's swept under the carpet.
This in a nutshell.

Any players in danger of racking up 5 yellows and when is the cut off point?

Almost certainly will have Otamendi suspended at some point.

The 5-yellow date is 31 December, and it's unlikely that Otamendi and Fernandinho won't pick up that many, but it's so far away as to be meaningless right now.

Compare with Zabaleta who's got 4 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.