Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a huge difference between knowing how to tackle and using physicality to hurt the opposition. Too often reckless and dangerous fouls are accepted despite the risk to players because "it's a man's game". What's the point in developing skillful footballers capable of beating a man with skill or a wonderful pass, or players with good technique and control if you're going to applaud the team hard man going in late or high or from behind and hurt the same players as some act of impressive physicality.

If the premier league is ever going to fully get beyond stone age coaching then the sneaking admiration for the talent less brute has to stop. The guy who goes in hard and late should be sent off every time and be the pariah not the cult hero.
Indeedy. Said more or less the same in one of my posts on the Gundogan tackle thread.

Some of these challenges should be held up by the media as acts of cowardice. If a player goes in to a challenge knowing that there is a high possibility of injuring the opponent with little risk o being hurt themselves then they are a coward and should be held accountable.

I swear every season there's one game or two when we thrash some minnows and get some beneficial refereeing when it didn't matter anyway and people talk about us as evil old City always getting decisions.

And when it goes against us (ie when the decision matters) it's swept under the carpet.

These are the swings and roundabouts people often quote. We get a throw-in against Palace that should have been theirs and then we concede a penalty when the ball hits Raheem's back, and Walker gets a red for making contact within a 'contact sport'! It all comes out in the wash. My arse, it does!

The reffing incident that got my goat yesterday was when Leroy was heading into the area up at the North Stand end and the Palace player had hold of his arm all the way into the area, the lad kept going, gets fouled inside the area, we get fuck all, apart from the yellow that Leroy gets for questioning WTF was Swarbrick upto in not giving the free kick on the edge of the area - for KdB to rattle one in off the bar!

Again - we received more yellow cards than the opposition - even with 72% possession

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.