Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe some contributors’ previous paranoia was over the top?
Goes without saying with our support over the past five or six years.

Just said in another thread, the refs become an insignificance when you play well. Some people don’t like to give the team too much shit so will look for blame in other ways when we don’t play well. So it’s the refs who get it.

When we play well the officials get about the same amount of things wrong as they do right. That John Stones penalty not given just before the Fernandinho rocket of a goal against Stoke - at 0-0 and the game in the balance (and Fernandinho’s shot going over the bar instead of in the net) sees Bluemoon add 120 pages about agendas against City.

But we hammered them 7-2 do everyone forgets.

The officials are as good and bad from one week to the next. It’s the teams that dip in and out of form that makes the difference in what fans see.

Just said in another thread, the refs become an insignificance when you play well. Some people don’t like to give the team too much shit so will look for blame in other ways when we don’t play well. So it’s the refs who get it.

When we play well the officials get about the same amount of things wrong as they do right. That John Stones penalty not given just before the Fernandinho rocket of a goal against Stoke - at 0-0 and the game in the balance (and Fernandinho’s shot going over the bar instead of in the net) sees Bluemoon add 120 pages about agendas against City.

The officials are as good and bad from one week to the next. It’s the teams that dip in and out of form that makes the difference in what fans see.

I thought we played very well at home to Spurs last season.

Absolute rubbish. The anger and resentment aren’t as prominent if the result goes our way because that’s human nature and the feeling of our team winning is far more important to us but we still see it, fucking believe me we still see it.

This season just like the 11/12 season shows a huge difference in refereeing in games. Hopefully we’ve spoken up early enough this season to cut the cheating/corruption out to some degree but I have no doubt we won’t be allowed to pull much further away in the title race without let’s say some controversial refereeing displays.

Everyone knows full well how we were treated by referees beginning in the 1-6 win at the swamp up till February, the statistical anomalies show it as well despite it not being a big enough sample of prove comprehensively to some posters on this forum.

Absolute rubbish. The anger and resentment aren’t as prominent if the result goes our way because that’s human nature and the feeling of our team winning is far more important to us but we still see it, fucking believe me we still see it.

This season just like the 11/12 season shows a huge difference in refereeing in games. Hopefully we’ve spoken up early enough this season to cut the cheating/corruption out to some degree but I have no doubt we won’t be allowed to pull much further away in the title race without let’s say some controversial refereeing displays.

Everyone knows full well how we were treated by referees beginning in the 1-6 win at the swamp up till February, the statistical anomalies show it as well despite it not being a big enough sample of prove comprehensively to some posters on this forum.

Good post and some excellent points made.

Complete and utter joke last night as he spent the whole game ignoring blatant fouls.

Should be sacked, he saw ALL the blatant fouls by Wolves & especially Bennets 2 or 3 yellow carding jobs.

An absolute disgrace. Shall I hold my breath waiting for Dim White & co debating whether bennet shoving our man in the jaw should be a penalty ?

Once again Kevin Friend showed that he is not fit to be a referee. The powers that be should make sure that he knows all the laws of the game. They also should make sure that he resits all his exams, to see if he knows, the up to date laws of the game. The way he was going about his job yesterday shows that he doesn't know the laws of the game. Wolves constant obstructing our players and not being given a free kick, just goes to show how poor he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.