Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it has been mentioned earlier on in the thread I hope Taylor will be given the Walton treatment. There are major doubts in that he can officiate any of our games as fairly as possible.

Last edited:
Just back from the game and watched the Delph incident numerous times. Clearly played the ball with no intent to harm opponent. One foot slightly off ground but still at ball height and other foot on ground. Taylor has clear and uninterrupted view and no need to consult assistant or 4th official. Yellow cards Delph but surrounded by Wigan players and 4th official by Wigan manager and amazingly changes card to red. Challenge on Aguero in 4th minute not dissimilar. Player makes contact with ball with one foot but clearly intent and other foot well off ground and lunges into Aguero well above knee level. Not even a booking. Don’t anyone attempt to tell me this piece of shit is not bent. Only other time I have seen ref change a decision was the same guy who was about to penalise Luiz for a red card challenge on Aguero against Chelsea last season and then bottled it but still managed to show us 2 reds in the same match. This referee is a game changer and should not be anywhere near games involving us or the scum or indeed any game above league 2 level.

I agree with this assessment - by the way of red card offences it was well and truly on the more tame end - I thought it was a 50/50 challenge, and while he certainly didn't need to go to ground, I thought he pretty clearly got to the ball first and won it.

I can see why it would be given as a red, but its an exceptionally frustrating decision. Especially given that earlier challenge - just as bad and just as deserving as a red. Be consistent you twat. Its not like it was a game full of nasty, rough fouls that meant a red card was always on its way for someone.

He is a disgracefully inept referee, we all know that.

How the fuck did a ref from greater Manchester get put in charge of a match between two clubs that are miles away from his hometown? This match was probably fixed, just too many odd decisions before, during, and after the game. Hope the police find him in a river.

It's rather ironic that after several calls from MCFC and Pep that we have suffered with some dreadful tackles, half way up shins, right on the knees of standing legs, the refs do something about poor tackling - and start with one of ours. Wonder why the ref never had second thoughts about the 'tackles' by 'Arry Hotspur, Derty Alli, Puncheon, Bennett and upgraded the yellows to reds. Did he not have the victim's team mates jostling him and his earpiece buzzing with updates! I'd like to know what went on with that incident. VAR wasn't being used so what input was there from elsewhere? Or did the cheating whistling wanker decide that he was being too lenient twice in a game and had to come 'ard?

How the fuck did a ref from greater Manchester get put in charge of a match between two clubs that are miles away from his hometown? This match was probably fixed, just too many odd decisions before, during, and after the game. Hope the police find him in a river.

We had the other Gtr Manc ref in the last round - the magnificent Mason. Fortunately we took the game out of his hands by delivering the goals in that game.

The pulled wrong card out is bollocks if he claims that
You see all the time if refs are giving a yellow they pull card out, write the name down and show the yellow which is what Taylor was shaping to do
If they give a red they don’t stand there with it on show write name down then put it in the air
With reds it’s straight out of their pocket and bang it in the air
He changed his mind end of and somebody needs to explain why

The pulled wrong card out is bollocks if he claims that
You see all the time if refs are giving a yellow they pull card out, write the name down and show the yellow which is what Taylor was shaping to do
If they give a red they don’t stand there with it on show write name down then put it in the air
With reds it’s straight out of their pocket and bang it in the air
He changed his mind end of and somebody needs to explain why

He's incompetent, he applies the Laws of the Game partially, he's carrying on from where he left off at the CFC game where four should have been sent off, but only two - our two!

I think I would have preferred Paddy Crerand reffing it!

So knee high foul on aguero is a foul only, Delph goes and then alty misses a penalty and several pull backs . Take it we got screwed over again

Unless we scored three or four by HT, it was always on the cards that we would get screwed over! We've discussed on many occasion in 323 this season that we have to be so positive, energetic, clinical, and take the game away from the opposition that no matter how the ref intervenes, we still have enough to secure the game!

It was a reckless, unnecessary challenge from Delph that was borderline red. Can accept him being sent off, but Taylor producing a yellow and then being either pressured or told to show a red was a farce.

We have had 10 clear red card tackles against us this season, the most recent in the 4th minute of this game, but not one has been given as a red. Some yellows, some just free kicks, some not even fouls at all. Yet this one was a red.

We all know some challenges could be given either way, but how did it get to the point where EVERY such challenge is not a red if it against a City player and this one did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.