Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckless is a yellow card.

People talk about intent, studs up, two feet off the ground, out of control, etc but the criteria for cards (or not) is as follows:
  • Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
Zinchenko's was reckless at worst. Therefore yellow was correct. Puncheon on KDB was an out-and-out red card. Bennett on Sane was a red on two counts - excessive force and denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity. Delph's was also a yellow in my view as it was more reckless than excessive force.

I don’t know, the original lunge from Zinchenko is excessive and endangering the safety of an opponent without a doubt in my mind but he does try and pull away at the last second so as not to injure their player so I suppose it could be yellow or red but personally I still think I’d go red even now in hindsight.

The Puncheon and Bennett ones were jail sentences nevermind fucking yellow or red cards, if those happen on a Sunday morning then I’d expect a full scale brawl. The 10-11 which have been highlighted this season against us are fucking disgusting attacks specifically aimed to endanger player safety, there’s not even a debate.

Sorry, I was referring to Zinchenko's.

But I didn't mention excessive force in Zinchenko's tackle? It's not relevant to the decision.

He lunged at him, and the tackle had chance of doing harm to Moses if he connected. That's enough to qualify a red card. The fact he didn't is probably why he got off, but that's not actually in the laws, you don't have to actually hurt someone, just endanger them.

But I didn't mention excessive force in Zinchenko's tackle? It's not relevant to the decision.

He lunged at him, and the tackle had chance of doing harm to Moses if he connected. That's enough to qualify a red card.

Jaysus Dom, I misread it, relax fella.

Here's Dermot Gallagher's view on Zinchenko:

"Correct decision. Not a red. It's such an interesting challenge in so much that I think the player has almost got there too early, and because of that he is sliding along the ground. He's not going through the air when the contact is made; the point where he does go through the air is before that."

The key here is where the lunge happened, he didn't lunge into the player, as on he wasn't airborne at point of contact.

Jaysus Dom, I misread it, relax fella.

Here's Dermot Gallagher's view on Zinchenko:

"Correct decision. Not a red. It's such an interesting challenge in so much that I think the player has almost got there too early, and because of that he is sliding along the ground. He's not going through the air when the contact is made; the point where he does go through the air is before that."

The key here is where the lunge happened, he didn't lunge into the player, as on he wasn't airborne at point of contact.

And Halsey thought it was a red - that's one of the reasons I said it was 50/50.

I'm not going to complain he wasn't sent off, but if he was, there'd not be much of an argument about it, and I expect Pep would have said he deserved it, like he said Delph did.

Actually Pep said the same about the Zinchenko tackle today "“Zinchenko on Moses was orange - could be yellow, could be red."

Not a city game but I saw highlights of the leicester v bournemouth game at the weekend. Holy shit was that some piss poor refereeing. Ndidi could have had 3 red cards. Plus the ref ignored the most blatant penalty I've seen all season for Bournemouth when Ndidi pushes over the Bournemouth player (both arms proper push like you would some twat who stole your pint)

Moss for stoke
Pawson gets dippers
Alty Fan gets Chavs so no bias there whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.