Referees/Officials

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by blueinsa, 1 Nov 2016.

1. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    They'll have better games to screw us in mate is all you needed to post.

2. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

You summed up in 8 words what I wanted to say !!! I thankyou.

3. willipp

willipp

Always knew swarbrick was a good ref when he ref'd me on mornings in the Preston Sunday league.

4. FCBarca

FCBarca

Concur

Sane call would've been soft but the player needs to demonstrate better that he isn't interested in going to ground too easily either as he has done before - stumbling rather than flat out simulating may have influenced the referee. I like players to finish that sort of play because it should've been a penalty

An entertaining match but only was able to watch the 1st half

5. prof-taf

prof-taf

2 ex reds commenting on a blue game, say no more, although much more balanced at the end of the game

6. JCB001

JCB001

Spot on .I wonder when someone would realise that we have an active Liner and a non active Liner and in this instance the non active Liner came into play .

7. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

That was my thought. he ref may have seen something on the edge of his vision (Stones appealling maybe) but not been clear, and asked. If the 4th official or the other linesman saw it, and it would have been a good angle for the other linesman, then they can tell him. What struck me was that the striker knew very quickly that the whistle hadn't gone for a goal.

I'm pretty happy that the 4 between them made the decision with no other input.

8. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

4th official can advise the ref, it's in the laws. The ref then makes a the final decision.

Law 6:
    "They will assist the referee in controlling the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game but the final decision will always be taken by the referee."
    "The match officials operate under the direction of the referee..... With the exception of the reserve assistant referee, they assist the referee with offences and infringements when they have a clearer view than the referee"

9. willipp

willipp

Cheers for that, clears that one up and if it was the 4th official which i think it must have been then every credit to hiom and Swarbrick for getting the right decision.

10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Jeez, it was Blind Andre. Fuckin' Marriner! Actually he might be a decent ref when he's not inside the boundaries of the pitch!