Referees/Officials

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by blueinsa, 1 Nov 2016.

1. Mike N

Mike N

It makes you think what was the ref and linesman were looking at when they missed two fouls in the penalty area.

2. crazyg

crazyg

Retired
    They were visualising their brown envelopes at the end of the match.

3. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

Always been against video technology but know think its the only way to not be had over week in week out!!! So for that reason alone it will never happen!

4. Marvin

Marvin

Mic the referee up to a ref with video in the stand. I am sure UEFA said it is coming.

To an extent I think we are on the harsh end because the main man involved is Sterling and he goes at such a speed it is difficult to spot. No excuse for the Sterling/Milner incident though.

To an extent I think this gets exaggerated in our minds because we live with Man Utd who are the biggest beneficiaries. About a fortnight ago there was a stats analysis of pens awarded against top 6 teams at home and they were all pretty similar with one exception. Man Utd were the only team that had a statistical significant difference in the number of penalties awarded against them at home. And then we have the incidents with violent conduct where Rojo and Ibrahimovic can do almost anything without penalty. Ibra's suspended now, but he really pushed it to the limit

5. Marvin

Marvin

There's talk of it being trialled in FA Cup next season. Not sure if it's confirmed yet

6. talkativesprout

talkativesprout

I heard this from commentary last week or so

7. rossie

rossie

anyone heard of graham polls opinion of when mane was through on goal and kicked otamendis calf when he tried to shoot , ? i watched the game with 2 liverpool fans and they were adamant it was a pen, they really bust my balls .. just wanted to know poll thinks ,i think he has a ref watch show somewhere but i cant find it

8. Bluemanc100

Bluemanc100

RKAM
    It has to.... too much money at stake for these errors.... hoping it will come at the start of next season with managers allowed a certain number of challenges... which are un-used of their complaint is upheld...

Sad that we need these things but the technology is there so let's use it... works in Rugby, works in Tennis, we 100% need in our game

9. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    Never understood why referees are not microphoned up to the TV broadcasters so we can understand the decisions made there and then. I can only conclude they don't to protect collusion.

10. cleavers

cleavers

Nope, I'm the same, surprised they didn't find a reason yesterday to be honest.