Referees/Officials

I don't disagree that Atkinson generally had a good game on Thursday.

However.

At the game I was concerned with how much time was wasted by the rags during the six minutes of added time, and how little the ref did about it, so when I watched the game again I made a note of how much time was missed waiting for the rags to complete a substitution, take a goal kick etc.

It was 45 seconds between Jesus scoring and De Gea taking the free kick for the offside decision. The substitution of Rashford took a full minute. De Gea took 40 seconds to take a goal kick after Jesus missed a near post chance and he took another 45 seconds to take a free kick in the corner in front of the rags supporters. So that in total is 3 minutes ten seconds. During the initial six minutes the ball was out of play more than it was in play.

How much additional time did the referee add after all that? 48 seconds. This is of course the referee that allowed the infamous fergietime goal in the 6th minute of injury time where he had signalled 4.

I don't blame the rags for deliberately time wasting, it's no more and no less than we'd have done if the positions had been reversed. I do think if the referee had got his card out the first time he met with time wasting from De Gea we would have had at least another minute or two of play.

And we still would not have scored :).

All referees do that and so do all teams. it's up to the FA to sort. I'd have Martin Atkinson every week if we could.

Said before the Derby that the refs will revert to normal now , we may even get the odd favourable decision because their job is done for this season , we'll all forget or put it down to "bad luck" and roll up next year to be screwed all over again .

Said before the Derby that the refs will revert to normal now , we may even get the odd favourable decision because their job is done for this season , we'll all forget or put it down to "bad luck" and roll up next year to be screwed all over again .
Think the fact Yayas comments were widely reported may have had an effect

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.