Referees/Officials

should get photographic proof. How anyone could marry that bloke.
She believes there is no conspiracy with refs even though:
A friend of hers at school was a season ticket holder at the swamp and went with his dad. They both got on as they could argue about football and at least he went to games so neither took the piss.
Whilst at school he wanted to become a ref. He started in junior football whilst I; the sixth form and over the years has moved up the ladder and is now reffing at a high level.
However, he is now a Rochdale fan. All of his pictures of him and his dad at Old Trafford, Wembley etc have been removed from his Facebook page and he now has a flag of Rochdale on there.
He is registered to the Lancashire FA and can ref teams in Manchester, Liverpool but not Lancashire.

He once came to our refs society to give a motivational talk to the younger refs. All he spoke about was playing golf with the brodge, stevie me me & david moyes. Learnt nowt from him at all and then charged us £800 for the priviledge even though every other PL official does it for free. Then about a week later we received a bill from the Durham Radisson for 3 nights room & breakfast as well as a healthy bar bill. Nice bloke

Whilst on the subject I noticed Jon Moss reffed the UTd/Wolves game. He didn't do a lot wrong but his fitness was woeful. He did what basically a lot of Sunday morning refs do. They ref the game from 5 yards either side of the center circle

She believes there is no conspiracy with refs even though:
A friend of hers at school was a season ticket holder at the swamp and went with his dad. They both got on as they could argue about football and at least he went to games so neither took the piss.
Whilst at school he wanted to become a ref. He started in junior football whilst I; the sixth form and over the years has moved up the ladder and is now reffing at a high level.
However, he is now a Rochdale fan. All of his pictures of him and his dad at Old Trafford, Wembley etc have been removed from his Facebook page and he now has a flag of Rochdale on there.
He is registered to the Lancashire FA and can ref teams in Manchester, Liverpool but not Lancashire.
Exactly the same as Taylor, born in Wythenshawe, went to United games as a kid, grew up supporting them, family still has season tickets there. Upon deciding to become a ref, he moved 500 yards over the Cheshire border into Timperley and declared as an Altrincham fan. Bent as...!!!

Whilst on the subject I noticed Jon Moss reffed the UTd/Wolves game. He didn't do a lot wrong but his fitness was woeful. He did what basically a lot of Sunday morning refs do. They ref the game from 5 yards either side of the center circle

What's your take on the referees performances which many , myself included consider to be corrupt.

So in your opinion is it incompetence or corruption which is resulting in so many of these " penalties " and dubious VAR decisions ?

Just seen the Pogbad pen and it is shocking. Dib dab tripped himself and the powers that be could not wait to help.

If they win the league I will not acknowledge it. The cheating is blatant to keep these cunts joint top of the league and relevant.

Protect the brand at all costs. Maybe one day it will be exposed. I’m sure like most football fans I am not sure what I am watching. It would not be out of place in a wrestling ring.

Colin Bells Boots

I thinkit is incompetence. VAR has put a lot of pressure on officials and I think any incident slowed down can be made to look like there was contact worse than there actuallly was. Before VAR was used in this country I said that the ref should view it on a monitor but he should only be allowed to view it in real life speed and there should be a time limit of 1 minute. If the ref cannot make up his mind during this period we stick with original decision. Also, whenever a ref gets the word in his ear he automatically starts to think he has got it wrong.

I have also, on another thread, previously suggested a promotion & relegation for PL refs that doesnt happen at present.

I thinkit is incompetence. VAR has put a lot of pressure on officials and I think any incident slowed down can be made to look like there was contact worse than there actuallly was. Before VAR was used in this country I said that the ref should view it on a monitor but he should only be allowed to view it in real life speed and there should be a time limit of 1 minute. If the ref cannot make up his mind during this period we stick with original decision. Also, whenever a ref gets the word in his ear he automatically starts to think he has got it wrong.

I have also, on another thread, previously suggested a promotion & relegation for PL refs that doesnt happen at present.

Thanks for that.

Pretty sure that players are making it much harder as most seem to be doing everything that they can to get penalties and free kicks at every opportunity.

Thanks for that.

Pretty sure that players are making it much harder as most seem to be doing everything that they can to get penalties and free kicks at every opportunity.
You are right about that.

The PL do not help either by telling them that they have to interpret certain laws different to every other country. For instance, at the start of the season, the new handball interpretation which has now been changed back to what it was last year.

I also know that PL refs have been told to turn a deaf ear to foul or abusive language. A few PL refs alwys used the excuse they had not heard it because of the crowd. What is the excuse now then? Jack Grealish blatantly told the assistant to "fcuk off" last night & not a thing done about it.

Had better starts to the year mate but can’t complain.

Sorry your youngest’s mate is wrong. Lee Mason is not a red and being married to him in no way gives her any basis for saying he’s not a Bolton fan after all.
Old news about Mason. Mike Riley was told in 2012 he was believed to be a regular attender at Old Trafford in his younger days, almost certainly a season ticket holder. He doesn't care. He's just taking the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.