Referees/Officials

Read an interesting interview by Brian Moore with Eddie Jones, the England rugby union coach, on the idea of psychologically profiling rugby referees. The basic premise is that Jones and his team now analyse referees and how they referee in certain areas of the field; Jones will even go to games simply to watch a referee before his side plays under his supervision. This information in turn feeds back to the players and can shape how they play and behave in particular areas of the field. Easier to do in particular sports, granted, but it made me wonder whether we do anything similar and if not, what more we could do to gain an advantage? The article was in the Daily Telegraph.

Read an interesting interview by Brian Moore with Eddie Jones, the England rugby union coach, on the idea of psychologically profiling rugby referees. The basic premise is that Jones and his team now analyse referees and how they referee in certain areas of the field; Jones will even go to games simply to watch a referee before his side plays under his supervision. This information in turn feeds back to the players and can shape how they play and behave in particular areas of the field. Easier to do in particular sports, granted, but it made me wonder whether we do anything similar and if not, what more we could do to gain an advantage? The article was in the Daily Telegraph.

One major problem with this & it's been highlighted over & over & that's the fact that referees give completely different decisions depending on who is playing.

I think you could do this on the continent & with some prem refs Oliver will bottle, Dean will make calls for pulling but Clattenburg is so bent I don't know where to start with my examples.

One major problem with this & it's been highlighted over & over & that's the fact that referees give completely different decisions depending on who is playing.

I think you could do this on the continent & with some prem refs Oliver will bottle, Dean will make calls for pulling but Clattenburg is so bent I don't know where to start with my examples.

football referees, bar clear "anomalies", have patterns of behaviour.

Here's and idea! At the end of the season each club could be asked which referee had the worst performance this season, and if 15 clubs or over pucks the same one then he gets relegated. Could make refereeing a bit more interesting.

football referees, bar clear "anomalies", have patterns of behaviour.

& it's the anomalies that I'm discussing. I saw Clattenburg wave play on when a shot clearly hit a Leicester players hand on Friday, I remember him ignoring several handballs when we played the dippers for their title then we remember the Sterling pen against Spurs.

I think some you can read like Oliver not giving decisions yet he gave us that pen against west ham. These are the sort of decisions he won't normally give.

I'd use this to say don't get frustrated or how do we identify it to plant the seed but that's a GPC tactic.

Last edited:
& it's the anomalies that I'm discussing. I saw Clattenburg wave play on when a shot clearly hit a Leicester players hand on Friday, I remember him ignoring several handballs when we played the dippers for their title then we remember the Sterling pen against Spurs.

I think some you can read like Oliver not giving decisions yet he gave us that pen against west ham. These are the sort of decisions he won't normally give.

I'd use this to say don't get frustrated or how do we identify it to plant the seed but that's a GPC tactic.
Clattenburg is the biggest cheat in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.