Referees/Officials

Thought he was pretty good tonight. The spot for the tug on Stones was a difficult one to see in real time (and I'm intrigued to know what the agenda-ists think of it). The penalty shout for Sane was one that you want when it's your player, but would say is soft if given against you. The bookings for Toure, Sterling and Sane were fair, as were theirs. Think he gave a few soft ones in their favour (like when Toure clearly won the ball), but we're splitting hairs.
Thought the Sane booking was harsh as he clearly was falling, nothing much else wrong from the Ref and a great spot for the foul on Stones.

Thought he was pretty good tonight. The spot for the tug on Stones was a difficult one to see in real time (and I'm intrigued to know what the agenda-ists think of it). The penalty shout for Sane was one that you want when it's your player, but would say is soft if given against you. The bookings for Toure, Sterling and Sane were fair, as were theirs. Think he gave a few soft ones in their favour (like when Toure clearly won the ball), but we're splitting hairs.

Had the roles been reversed, the tug on Stones would have merited a caution, so I was surprised he didn't book him; just relieved he spotted it.

According to Quinn later in the game a Bournemouth player went down rather easily but he said you only need a slight touch when running to lose balance. Yet earlier when Sane was fouled in the area his opinion was blatantly lacking.

I suppose the whole "arms/hands in unnatural positions" bit is deliberately nebulous and open to subjective interpretation when it suits.

The amount of times those twats Webb or Gallagher say his arm was in an unnatural position so penalty. But if they had ever played the game to any kind of level, they would know when trying to block shots/crosses at pace, the only unnatural position for the arm to be in, is by the defenders sides. This train of thought started because Terry used to make a starfish to block crosses, and of course that shouldn't be allowed. But due to lack of leadership at the FA/PGMOL, this has now manifested itself into the mess we have today where you can see two similar incidents on the same weekend get two different decisions. Does my head in

That was the best neutral ref performance we've had all season. Credit where due. When I look back at the points we've lost already due to refs we'd be up there with Chelski

The amount of times those twats Webb or Gallagher say his arm was in an unnatural position so penalty. But if they had ever played the game to any kind of level, they would know when trying to block shots/crosses at pace, the only unnatural position for the arm to be in, is by the defenders sides. This train of thought started because Terry used to make a starfish to block crosses, and of course that shouldn't be allowed. But due to lack of leadership at the FA/PGMOL, this has now manifested itself into the mess we have today where you can see two similar incidents on the same weekend get two different decisions. Does my head in

That's the annoying thing.

They have clearly established in recent times, rightly or wrongly, that hands close to the body usually means 'no pen' wheras hands raised or away from the body usually means 'pen'.

Then the same ref, or reffing 'team' suddenly change the rules when they feel like it.

That was the best neutral ref performance we've had all season. Credit where due. When I look back at the points we've lost already due to refs we'd be up there with Chelski

He did well, it was like the Twighlight zone watching that ref, unbelievable Jeff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.