Referees/Officials

Thought he was pretty good tonight. The spot for the tug on Stones was a difficult one to see in real time (and I'm intrigued to know what the agenda-ists think of it). The penalty shout for Sane was one that you want when it's your player, but would say is soft if given against you. The bookings for Toure, Sterling and Sane were fair, as were theirs. Think he gave a few soft ones in their favour (like when Toure clearly won the ball), but we're splitting hairs.

Concur

Sane call would've been soft but the player needs to demonstrate better that he isn't interested in going to ground too easily either as he has done before - stumbling rather than flat out simulating may have influenced the referee. I like players to finish that sort of play because it should've been a penalty

An entertaining match but only was able to watch the 1st half

How the hell can they claim that he couldn't see it Was he looking the other way NO could they see the direction he was looking at from the pictures they shown NO Having shown the foul clearly then there was no need to go over it again and again
2 ex reds commenting on a blue game, say no more, although much more balanced at the end of the game

Pretty sure the ref or the linesman nearest didn't see the pull on Stone's wonder if the linesman up the other end saw owt,he'd be looking that way.

Spot on .I wonder when someone would realise that we have an active Liner and a non active Liner and in this instance the non active Liner came into play .

Pretty sure the ref or the linesman nearest didn't see the pull on Stone's wonder if the linesman up the other end saw owt,he'd be looking that way.

That was my thought. he ref may have seen something on the edge of his vision (Stones appealling maybe) but not been clear, and asked. If the 4th official or the other linesman saw it, and it would have been a good angle for the other linesman, then they can tell him. What struck me was that the striker knew very quickly that the whistle hadn't gone for a goal.

I'm pretty happy that the 4 between them made the decision with no other input.

I think it has to have been the 4th official. Ref didn't see it and the liner gave the goal. That only leaves the 4th official. Didn't know that the 4th official could give live decisions though.

4th official can advise the ref, it's in the laws. The ref then makes a the final decision.

Law 6:
"They will assist the referee in controlling the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game but the final decision will always be taken by the referee."
"The match officials operate under the direction of the referee..... With the exception of the reserve assistant referee, they assist the referee with offences and infringements when they have a clearer view than the referee"

4th official can advise the ref, it's in the laws. The ref then makes a the final decision.

Law 6:
"They will assist the referee in controlling the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game but the final decision will always be taken by the referee."
"The match officials operate under the direction of the referee..... With the exception of the reserve assistant referee, they assist the referee with offences and infringements when they have a clearer view than the referee"
Cheers for that, clears that one up and if it was the 4th official which i think it must have been then every credit to hiom and Swarbrick for getting the right decision.

Twattenburg has clearly been told to leave, he's not short of money and no one would move to Saudi Arabia unless it was money related. Far too similar to the sudden disappearance of Walton not to have been pushed as far as I'm concerned.

The FA, Premier League and the clubs have to retain the so called honesty of the competition even though we all know what we can't officially prove.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.