Reina for Bravo?

Well it depends on what you rate more out of a Goalkeeper in Pep's team. If you rate being the 11th outfield player more than saving goals then I suppose Bravo is better than Schmeichel in this reguard (although not Lloris). If on the other hand you rate saving goals more than being the 11th outfield player (which is how look at things) then Schmeichel is better than Bravo.

Long story short, I prefer Schmeichel because he is good at saving goals and better than most at being a sweeper keeper wherehas Bravo is not very good (or at least not good enough) at saving goals and is rather good as a sweeper keeper.

I think you'll find it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what you or I "rate more out of a Goalkeeper in Pep's team". What matters is what Pep thinks is best to suit his system.

I see nothing in Kasper that makes me think he'd suit what Pep wants and you've provided nothing in your posts to suggest he would.

Well it depends on what you rate more out of a Goalkeeper in Pep's team. If you rate being the 11th outfield player more than saving goals then I suppose Bravo is better than Schmeichel in this reguard (although not Lloris). If on the other hand you rate saving goals more than being the 11th outfield player (which is how look at things) then Schmeichel is better than Bravo.

Long story short, I prefer Schmeichel because he is good at saving goals and better than most at being a sweeper keeper wherehas Bravo is not very good (or at least not good enough) at saving goals and is rather good as a sweeper keeper.

Lloris's kicking is embarrassing. It's why he's still at Spurs and why he ended up at Spurs despite being the French no.1 and pretty highly regarded, kicking aside.

Bravo on form is better than both and has proven as such, sadly not in our shirt yet.

I think you'll find it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what you or I "rate more out of a Goalkeeper in Pep's team".

I am only trying to explain where I am coming from when it came to suggesting those players. Nothing more or nothing less.

What matters is what Pep thinks is best to suit his system

True; but what I am trying to suggest is that when it comes to Goalkeepers, he needs to focus more on short-stopping alongside sweeper tatics when it comes to picking the right players for that role. Especially considering how the PL is more competitive compared to lets say La Liga and the Bundesliga.

I see nothing in Kasper that makes me think he'd suit what Pep wants and you've provided nothing in your posts to suggest he would.

Fair enough. Likewise your points are not unreasonable either.

I think you'll find it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what you or I "rate more out of a Goalkeeper in Pep's team". What matters is what Pep thinks is best to suit his system.

And he has come out as a rag so why would you?

Lloris's kicking is embarrassing. It's why he's still at Spurs and why he ended up at Spurs despite being the French no.1 and pretty highly regarded, kicking aside

I think the players good working relationship with the manager (and each other*) and the fact Levy is a hardarse when it comes to buying players off him are bigger factors to why Lloris remains at Spurs** than his kicking skills alone

*Which explains a lot about how they usurped Arsenal (for now at least) as the best team in North London.

**Why else would Kane be content with earning far less than Costa, Sanchez, Ibra and Kun despite his record over the last few seasons.

Bravo on form is better than both and has proven as such, sadly not in our shirt yet.

Look, he does have his moments (most of all of Chile) without a doubt, the problem is that a Goalkeeper (especially in the PL) needs to be consistant thoughout the season and quite frankly Bravo is has not shown enough consistancy do a good job for City in the PL and the CL. Now this might change next season and maybe he does deserve another chance, but for now that is my view on him as a Goalkeeper.

I am only trying to explain where I am coming from when it came to suggesting those players. Nothing more or nothing less.

True; but what I am trying to suggest is that when it comes to Goalkeepers, he needs to focus more on short-stopping alongside sweeper tatics when it comes to picking the right players for that role. Especially considering how the PL is more competitive compared to lets say La Liga and the Bundesliga.

Fair enough. Likewise your points are not unreasonable either.

Thing is mate, Bravo has proven himself to he a good shot stopper at Sociedad which earned him his move to Barca, he proved it at Barca with a 78% save rate over his two seasons there. He does it consistently well for Chile too.

Granted his shot stopping was well below par at City last season but that doesn't equate to Pep not valuing that attribute in his keepers.

And he has come out as a rag so why would you?

Seriously? Let me tell you something, I have supported City for as long as I can remember, though good times and bad, from the Second Division to urpsurping United as the best club in both Manchester and the North West. And I am p**sed of all the slagging offs from United fans and others (other clubs, UEFA etc.) who accuse us of "financial doping", "buying the title" and in having "Empty Seats" at our ground, so much so that nothing would make me more happier than ending up being more sucessful than any of those clubs (and in many cases putting them right in their place) and doing so in style.

So you have every right to critcise my viewpoints and so forth, just try and avoid calling me something that I have not alright...

I think the players good working relationship with the manager (and each other*) and the fact Levy is a hardarse when it comes to buying players off him are bigger factors to why Lloris remains at Spurs** than his kicking skills alone

*Which explains a lot about how they usurped Arsenal (for now at least) as the best team in North London.

**Why else would Kane be content with earning far less than Costa, Sanchez, Ibra and Kun despite his record over the last few seasons.

Kane is still young, and as of yet has had very few suitors. The media is full of shit but I've never heard anyone linked with Lloris. Kane will undoubtably end up at United at some point. The moment Spurs don't have CL football Kane & Ali will be gone.
But despite the British media's love affair with Spurs, their European form and the national team form of their jewels is far from convincing.

I personally don't think Lloris is very good and his distribution is fucking awful.

Look, he does have his moments (most of all of Chile) without a doubt, the problem is that a Goalkeeper (especially in the PL) needs to be consistant thoughout the season and quite frankly Bravo is has not shown enough consistancy do a good job for City in the PL and the CL. Now this might change next season and maybe he does deserve another chance, but for now that is my view on him as a Goalkeeper.

No doubting Bravo needs to rediscover his form in a City shirt. But Schmeichel is nothing more than an average keeper.
As some have said, there's a reason Bravo has had a much better career than Lloris or Schmeichel, he's just yet to show it at City. One day he may.
But he was a very good keeper, still is, there's nothing to say a replacement won't suffer the same dip in form.

I'm sure Schmeichel's form would be considerably worse without 4 defenders and a def mid sat just outside his box all game.

What gives me hope for Bravo, his failings in England are things he's previously been pretty good at. Mainly shot stopping. That was/is normally his stregnth, along with sweeping.
Fingers crossed we see the real Bravo.

Seriously? Let me tell you something, I have supported City for as long as I can remember, though good times and bad, from the Second Division to urpsurping United as the best club in both Manchester and the North West. And I am p**sed of all the slagging offs from United fans and others (other clubs, UEFA etc.) who accuse us of "financial doping", "buying the title" and in having "Empty Seats" at our ground, so much so that nothing would make me more happier than ending up being more sucessful than any of those clubs (and in many cases putting them right in their place) and doing so in style.

So you have every right to critcise my viewpoints and so forth, just try and avoid calling me something that I have not alright...

Think he's referring to young Red Nose, not yourself!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.