Rekik

Getting 3.5m for him (with a buy-black clause) is honestly pretty ideal for all parties involved. Between Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala and Denayer we'll have a lot of competition which will hopefully bring out the best in all of them. It was always between Denayer and Rekik and honestly Denayer is better at this point

Getting 3.5m for him (with a buy-black clause) is honestly pretty ideal for all parties involved. Between Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala and Denayer we'll have a lot of competition which will hopefully bring out the best in all of them. It was always between Denayer and Rekik and honestly Denayer is better at this point
But it's likely to be Demi's last season, so it's definetely not the best option to sell a 20-YO Netherlands NT player for 3,5m. We don't know anything about the buy-back clause or the sell-on%, it isn't even official.

The best option would be to loan him out to a PL club to see what he's capable of in terms of the league his club plays in. And obviously, to have his contract extended in good time (the situation when we have our players 1 year left on their contracts, or , FFS, even more often, when these contracts run out, are nonsense).

But hey, it's always better to extend richard wright or Dedryck Boyata

But it's likely to be Demi's last season, so it's definetely not the best option to sell a 20-YO Netherlands NT player for 3,5m. We don't know anything about the buy-back clause or the sell-on%, it isn't even official.

The best option would be to loan him out to a PL club to see what he's capable of in terms of the league his club plays in. And obviously, to have his contract extended in good time (the situation when we have our players 1 year left on their contracts, or , FFS, even more often, when these contracts run out, are nonsense).

But hey, it's always better to extend richard wright or Dedryck Boyata

To be fair, Boyata has been sold and Wright's situation is very different (plus I'm not sure he has actually extended his contract yet).

If we'd sent Rekik out on loan for a third successive season then I think it's pretty likely he wouldn't have renewed his contract so we'd face losing him for nothing. He's fallen behind Denayer in the pecking order, so getting a fee was probably our best option (especially if there is a buy back clause).

Demichelis will leave next summer, but we could see another EDS player promoted or, if necessary, we'll sign another centre-half.

You always hope an EDS player like Rekik will make the breakthrough, but the reality is that the vast majority will either be sold or released. We'll see this increasingly in the future, so should get used to it.

Only the very best will make the breakthrough, and clearly the club see Denayer as the better prospect right now.

To be fair, Boyata has been sold and Wright's situation is very different (plus I'm not sure he has actually extended his contract yet).
I was speaking about the previous years, when Rekik's contract wasn't extended, while Dedryck's (who served us well though and City even managed to get a couple million for him, but Rekik's extension was more important) and Wrights' contracts were extended.

If we'd sent Rekik out on loan for a third successive season then I think it's pretty likely he wouldn't have renewed his contract so we'd face losing him for nothing. He's fallen behind Denayer in the pecking order, so getting a fee was probably our best option (especially if there is a buy back clause).
Again, what I said in the previous post is that City SHOULD've renewed his contract LONG BEFORE this summer/the new season so we wouldn't face another situation where a player has less than 1 year left on his contract after he's back from loan.

Demichelis will leave next summer, but we could see another EDS player promoted or, if necessary, we'll sign another centre-half.
As for now at least, it seems that our deffence would be too raw and inconsistent if we add another EDS player there the next year. Andit seems that we neither have a new Denayer now. Yes, we have a talented Tosin Adarabioyo but shouldn't he be sent on loan to develope?
We could obviously buy somebody, but why do that if we have another club-trained player who is good enough? I.e. if Rekik established himself in EPL. Even if not, we could make more money from his sell or include him in a deal for the new defender (like we did with Savic/Nastasic. Probably not the best example in terms of profit, but I just mean the technical side of it).

You always hope an EDS player like Rekik will make the breakthrough, but the reality is that the vast majority will either be sold or released. We'll see this increasingly in the future, so should get used to it.

Only the very best will make the breakthrough, and clearly the club see Denayer as the better prospect right now.
Getting used to it. So it's about the profit we could (should) make and it's about an adequate approach to it, like the vast majority of other big clubs have. If a player from our Academy isn't good enough for such a big club as ours, but he still has some value then why don't we gain more profit from him? For example, we had a great deal with Huws and an awful with Guidetti just letting him go, Even considering all the stuff around him, we could earn some money, like there were some offers for him this winter

I'd put Denayer over Rekik, but it doesn't mean that Karim isn't a valuable asset

Last edited:
I was speaking about the previous years, when Rekik's contract wasn't extended, while Dedryck's (who served us well though and City even managed to get a couple million for him, but Rekik's extension was more important) and Wrights' contracts were extended.

Again, what I said in the previous post is that City SHOULD've renewed his contract LONG BEFORE this summer/the new season so we wouldn't face another situation where a player has less than 1 year left on his contract after he's back from loan.

As for now at least, it seems that our deffence would be too raw and inconsistent if we add another EDS player there the next year. Andit seems that we neither have a new Denayer now. Yes, we have a talented Tosin Adarabioyo but shouldn't he be sent on loan to develope?
We could obviously buy somebody, but why do that if we have another club-trained player who is good enough? I.e. if Rekik established himself in EPL. Even if not, we could make more money from his sell or include him in a deal for the new defender (like we did with Savic/Nastasic. Probably not the best example in terms of profit, but I just mean the technical side of it).

Getting used to it. So it's about the profit we could (should) make and it's about an adequate approach to it, like the vast majority of other big clubs have. If a player from our Academy isn't good enough for such a big club as ours, but he still has some value then why don't we gain more profit from him? I'd put Denayer over Rekik, but it doesn't mean that Karim isn't a valuable asset

It doesn't mean he is a valuable asset either.

We will have no choice but to lose a lot of young players, we are going to have scores of them. If we keep the very best ones & then put in a buyback clause for any with decent potential we are laughing.

There is a pretty good chance Rekik will never be good enough for City. But if he goes up a level, then we have the option to sign him back.

We are happy. He is happy. There is absolutely nothing to complain about.

I'd be seriously interested in how that works..

It doesn't mean he is a valuable asset either.

We will have no choice but to lose a lot of young players, we are going to have scores of them. If we keep the very best ones & then put in a buyback clause for any with decent potential we are laughing.

There is a pretty good chance Rekik will never be good enough for City. But if he goes up a level, then we have the option to sign him back.

We are happy. He is happy. There is absolutely nothing to complain about.
The fact we could have a igger fee for him at least if the contract policy was normal. He didn't want to have an EPL loan and he neither wants to sit on the bench so he may just reject an offer form City if the one comes in the future.

The fact we could have a igger fee for him at least if the contract policy was normal. He didn't want to have an EPL loan and he neither wants to sit on the bench so he may just reject an offer form City if the one comes in the future.

Why ? City have looked after him & done what is best for his career all the way. Rather than.holding him to contracts & using him to make more money, as you are suggesting.

Why ? City have looked after him & done what is best for his career all the way. Rather than.holding him to contracts & using him to make more money, as you are suggesting.
No doubt that it's good for him perosnally, but his contract's extension at the right time and a PL loan seem neither harmful. And in this case, it would be more likely to make more profit for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.