Relegation Thread 2017/18

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Southern, 2 Jul 2017.

1. Southern

Southern

Did you forget Brighton?

2. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

On paper, Palace seem to have a decent side - what on earth is wrong with their squad?

3. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

4. law74

law74

uncivil servent
    I think they still need to lose their next 4 just to equal the most consecutive defeats at the start of a top division season, set back in 1930.

5. ancoats

ancoats

palace are being managed by the chairman and mark bright and they pull the strings any manager will have to just be a yes man and will go down

6. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

MOTD pundits don't think that Palace will go down following their victory against Chelsea. I'm not as sanguine. They're in a hole with no obviously worse sides to pass by leading to safety.

7. KCblue

KCblue

If Leicester win later there will already be a 4 point gap over Bournemouth and 5 point gap over Palace.

Side note: if they do win, then that puts Stoke into the bottom three and Everton in 17th. Hughes and Koeman need to sort their teams out or they could be on the chopping block.

8. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Pulis remarked after the Leicester game, that aside from the top 6, there's very, very little difference between the quality of the remaining sides. I think he's spot on.

The relegation battle this season is probably going to involve quite a few sides.

9. Southern

Southern

They're probably mates with Parish and Bright. They will finish 18th at best

10. Big Swifty

Big Swifty

Hasn't anyone mentioned Bournemouth?