Relegation threatened teams 2016/17

David White posted this on FB last week

"Met a few good Sunderland lads in Tenerife last week and enjoyed my favourite ever come back. I asked 'Colin' who his favourite ever Sunderland player was. 'Niall Quinn' he said.

My lad said 'My dad used to play with him'.

'What ? You were a pro ? You must have had some yorkshire puddings since then !' joked Colin.

They were good lads and we'd been taking the piss out of each other so I let it go but I have to admit to a slight sting. Ouch !

Suddenly a thought developed....and this is exactly how the conversation went.

How Old are you Colin ?

When was your first season supporting Sunderland ?

90-91

What league ?

Top league, old first division.

How did you go on ?

We got relegated. I was gutted. I was crying...

Where did you get relegated ?

Man City away, last game of the season.

What score ?

3-2. Lost in the last minute.

Yeah I know Col - I scored the winner !!!! Do you want another beer ?

BOOM. STING GONE. GAME OVER !"
That's fantastic. :-)

"Met a few good Sunderland lads in Tenerife last week and enjoyed my favourite ever come back. I asked 'Colin' who his favourite ever Sunderland player was. 'Niall Quinn' he said.

'What ? You were a pro ? You must have had some yorkshire puddings since then !' joked Colin.

They were good lads and we'd been taking the piss out of each other so I let it go but I have to admit to a slight sting. Ouch !

How Old are you Colin ?

90-91

What league ?

How did you go on ?

What score ?

Genuinely cracked up laughing reading that!

How Old are you Colin ?

90-91

What league ?

How did you go on ?

What score ?

That's quality!

Ha ha. Until Rafa Benitez is clutching paperwork at a press conference claiming he is not you I will believe you and him are one and the same-;)

Looks like Palace are pulling away. Agree with most on here Sunderland are gone. Boro can't score despite having a very able striker in Negredo. I think they'll join Sunderland. Hull and Swansea will battle it out for the remaining spot. Swansea have a better team on paper, they actually are impressive than Hull every time I watch them.

Looks like Palace are pulling away. Agree with most on here Sunderland are gone. Boro can't score despite having a very able striker in Negredo. I think they'll join Sunderland. Hull and Swansea will battle it out for the remaining spot. Swansea have a better team on paper, they actually are impressive than Hull every time I watch them.
Bournemouth aren't safe yet if Swansea and Hull can pick up some points, they've been dreadful recently.

Had to go back a few pages to find this..so we already know that Sunderland and Boro are going down and with Swansea sealing up three points today at SOL Hull are officially relegated with a loss to Palace tomorrow. The form Palace have been in since Big fat sam took over (bar the game against us) makes me think they'll win tomorrow.

Had to go back a few pages to find this..so we already know that Sunderland and Boro are going down and with Swansea sealing up three points today at SOL Hull are officially relegated with a loss to Palace tomorrow. The form Palace have been in since Big fat sam took over (bar the game against us) makes me think they'll win tomorrow.

Should be a cracker tomorrow. Hull probably have to win to have a chance of staying up but have a poor record Away, and don't score many

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.