Relocating Season Ticket - We've regressed - Whats going on?!

As others have said, its because they genuinely aren't arsed if people relocate or not. It doesn't benefit them, in terms of more money which is what they are after. They are not bothered about customer goodwill (unless there is an immediate money making opportunity).

Relocation is an inconvenience to them, not a value-adding activity, so these 2 days were simply a token gesture from the club. Sad isn't it.
They lost £250 from me relocating!

The DDs have been set up on my account already (and there's a record of £2175 for the 16/17 FA Cup scheme for some reason, I assume this is not coming out of my account). However it is probably more to do with the second point you didn't quote, regarding keeping open some cheap seats.

Or it could be the club are just crap at this!

That's the point of a DD vs a Standing order - the DD is a continual agreement for variable amounts. You need to do nothing and the club change the amount it collects. They need to tell you in advance what they plan to collect and you can cancel, or get an immediate refund if you disagree with the amount.

As others have said, its because they genuinely aren't arsed if people relocate or not. It doesn't benefit them, in terms of more money which is what they are after. They are not bothered about customer goodwill (unless there is an immediate money making opportunity).

Relocation is an inconvenience to them, not a value-adding activity, so these 2 days were simply a token gesture from the club. Sad isn't it.
It wouldn't be good business to encourage their customers to spend less, though.

The problem I see is the pricing in the new stand, or rather the difference between lowest and highest priced non-corporate seats. It encourages people to seek a massive saving. I went in SS3 for the Madrid game, and have to say it is fantastic value compared to my usual seat at double the price. Only the hassle of getting out of the stand and having to walk all way round the stadium every game put me off downgrading tbh. If they expanded the North end I'd be very interested.

That's the point of a DD vs a Standing order - the DD is a continual agreement for variable amounts. You need to do nothing and the club change the amount it collects. They need to tell you in advance what they plan to collect and you can cancel, or get an immediate refund if you disagree with the amount.
I know, but someone still needs to check the amount and make any adjustments. It should be automatically done by the system but this is where a mistake could cost millions and perhaps it is this side of the system that isn't trusted so they resort to manual checking, which is time consuming. I know I've been undercharged for tickets before today (Madrid home game), and I'm not the only one.

Just had a apologetic phone call from the club, after me thumping out an email on Monday evening. It was much more than I expected and I managed to get relocated to the South Stand. Credit where it's due, they know there have been problems and they're in the process of contacting those who got in touch to complain.

Just had a apologetic phone call from the club, after me thumping out an email on Monday evening. It was much more than I expected and I managed to get relocated to the South Stand. Credit where it's due, they know there have been problems and they're in the process of contacting those who got in touch to complain.
good response from the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.