Remoh

LittleStan

Evening all.

I haven't been on her for a good while and my Dad, Remoh, for even longer. In fact I don't think he really came back on after I used his computer and posted that he wanted to be called Judith.

People come and go on this site I know, but I also know some of you had a few good political arguments and might remember him. He enjoyed the banter ( but not Judith)

My Dad was diagnosed with 3 brain tumors at Easter and was given 12 months to live. We buried him in July. All a bit shit really and the fastest 12 months I have ever known.

I imagine that many people are hurting for lost family and loved ones at the start of the season, I spent many years standing with him on the Kippax and many more hours taking football. This week seems to have hit me more than I thought it would.

I am under no illusion that this is any more difficult for me than anybody else. Losing a parent happens to us all and it doesn't seem to be easier to handle the older we are.

My Mum took a £420 donation over to Manchester Dogs Home last week from the funeral donations,

Here's to the new season.

Ah that's just shit. You'll never get over it or be the same person; remember the good times.

Sorry for your loss

Chin up blue. It hurts like fuck at the moment. Lost my dad 17 years ago and my mum back in 2010, and there isn't a day I don't think of them. But (CLICHE ALERT), it does get easier as time passes. Not necessarily "easy", but easier. Console yourself that his suffering is over, and he's sleeping peacefully now.

Sorry about your dad. It's so raw for you currently, but does get easier with time. I lost my dad 20 years ago and not a week goes by that I don't miss him, but I live happy in the lovely memories I have of the times we shared. Life is about making memories. You can make some wonderful new ones with those you love, whilst remembering those with your dad. You never know, this season could create a few special ones too! Take care blue.

I recall the username. Was it Homer backwards? RIP Blue.

My dad was Farmer to his friends and went in 1993 after that bastard of a disease. I think of him whenever I go to watch Wales in the football.

As wisely told, remember the good times. We're all together in our own way.

Sorry for your loss.

I remember him on here. Think he was the first person I had an argument with on BM after I joined; something to do with Tevez iirc. He was probably right at the time.

Sadly most of us have to go through this

My commiserations to you mate, remember the good times and be thankful that you had them.

Sad time, but remember you dad's number one wish would be for you to move forward, always remember him and be happy.

I don't know if you have kids, but I would want that more than anything for my sons when I pass away.

He will have been the same.

All the best to you and your family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.