renewing your IP

you mean you want to change your IP address?

If you just want to view it, then type ipconfig

Cheers, i tried that, first i reset my ip to 0.0.0.0 then once i renewed my ip it stayed the same. any idea if there is a way around this?? i am presuming that ntl have blocked this?

Do you come through a router and/or cable modem? If so just unplug everything, the router, the modem or set top box if it comes through that, the lot. Leave it for about 5/10 minutes and plug it all back in then see if you get anywhere.

If your on NTL what I did was:

Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).
Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).
Type "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that doesnt work then you might have to leave it for a few hours (overnight is best)...

Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).
Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes).
Shut down computer.
Turn off computer.
Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.
Turn off cable/DSL modem.
Leave off overnight.
Turn everything back on.

Then you'll get a new IP address from NTL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If your through a router

Release the IP address. (Method varies by router manufacturer)
Turn off router, ethernut hubs/switches, and the cable/DSL modem.
Leave off overnight.
Turn everything back on.

city4ever said:
Cheers, i tried that, first i reset my ip to 0.0.0.0 then once i renewed my ip it stayed the same. any idea if there is a way around this?? i am presuming that ntl have blocked this?

Make sure you tick "Obtain an IP address automatically" in TCPIP properties, then right clik on your connection and click repair, that will renew your ip address or "Ipconfig /renew" from the command prompt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.