Replacement Boiler

Sonic Temple

Just had British Gas out to my combi boiler because it keeps cutting out and I end up freezing my bollocks off in the shower. Any way the short version is that its and old boiler parts are obsolete and its going to be cheaper to replace. They said that at the moment they will contribute £400 towards a new boiler , but my thought is if they are putting £400 to it then how much is the bugger going to be!
Ive arranged for a rep to call down next Friday for a non obligatory quote. My question to any gas engineers on here is what sort of price will I expect and anybody got a cheaper alternative solution.

Thanks in advance.

Oil everywhere! said:
Just had British Gas out to my combi boiler because it keeps cutting out and I end up freezing my bollocks off in the shower. Any way the short version is that its and old boiler parts are obsolete and its going to be cheaper to replace. They said that at the moment they will contribute £400 towards a new boiler , but my thought is if they are putting £400 to it then how much is the bugger going to be!
Ive arranged for a rep to call down next Friday for a non obligatory quote. My question to any gas engineers on here is what sort of price will I expect and anybody got a cheaper alternative solution.

Thanks in advance.
Be dear if we're fitting it anything from two to three and half grand loads of decent Boiler fitters on here will give you a decent quote though mate.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.boilers-sale.co.uk/worcester-bosch-boilers/?gclid=CKetr639oroCFWfLtAodk1cAHw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.boilers-sale.co.uk/worcester ... tAodk1cAHw</a>

Oil everywhere! said:

Thanks in advance.

This is a ploy British gas always do.. what boiler do you have fella, make and model please?? £400 off is bollocks cos they add it on in the first place..

Obsolete parts my arse, he trying to mug you off.

Is he on commission, cheeky fuckers British Gas. Slap a 10% increase and then charge the earth for supposedly energy efficient boilers.

At least Turpin wore a mask

i kne albert davy said:
Oil everywhere! said:

Thanks in advance.
Be dear if we're fitting it anything from two to three and half grand loads of decent Boiler fitters on here will give you a decent quote though mate.
You British gas then fella.. I had 15 years with them.. On my own now.best thing I ever did.. got good deferred pension too..

Will be something like

£700-£1200 for a half decent boiler depending on needs
£400 for a power flush
Plumber time to fit and commission

I reckon budget £2,500-£3,500

Other option is somewhere like that eversure (I think it is) who do it all for nowt and you just pay a rental that includes servicing (so even if the boiler is wank it's not your problem)...it's not a bad deal IIRC

mayo31 said:
Obsolete parts my arse, he trying to mug you off.

Is he on commission, cheeky fuckers British Gas. Slap a 10% increase and then charge the earth for supposedly energy efficient boilers.

At least Turpin wore a mask

Im forever going to old peoples houses to give boiler quotes cos BG told them parts were obsolete,when I get there the boilers are never on the obsolete list...

They dont mind taking your service contract money for years on end,but as soon as they think theyll have to fork out on it regularely the boiler suddenly becomes obsolete.. funny that eh..

samharris said:
Oil everywhere! said:

Thanks in advance.

This is a ploy British gas always do.. what boiler do you have fella, make and model please?? £400 off is bollocks cos they add it on in the first place..

Its a Worcester 240 that Ive had since 1994

Oil everywhere! said:
samharris said:
Oil everywhere! said:

Thanks in advance.

Its a Worcester 240 that Ive had since 1994

probs not worth repairing then fella..but get quote from BG then laugh your head off then get a quote of a grand cheaper from most good fitters..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.