Replacement Boiler

Oil everywhere! said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
samharris said:
probs not worth repairing then fella..but get quote from BG then laugh your head off then get a quote of a grand cheaper from most good fitters..

Yer right, Sam. They even have WB boilers and take off the badge! Their quote is very inclusive, even to the £200 they included for half a dozen bricks!

Just for anybody interested the quote they gave me to replace my boiler was £3750 no I haven't missed a decimal point this was the quote.

Fucking disgusting, can't believe they get away with that shit tbh it really boils my piss!

Oil everywhere! said:
samharris said:
probs not worth repairing then fella..but get quote from BG then laugh your head off then get a quote of a grand cheaper from most good fitters..

Yer right, Sam. They even have WB boilers and take off the badge! Their quote is very inclusive, even to the £200 they included for half a dozen bricks!

Just for anybody interested the quote they gave me to replace my boiler was £3750 no I haven't missed a decimal point this was the quote.

Robbing bastards, i'll do it for £3700 for cash ;-)

Hi all, only signed up to the forum recently but have been reading for a good few years. Anyhow my boiler has packed up, we have no heating but have hot water by using the immersion heater. We had British gas round today for a quote for a new boiler, they are asking for a large sum of money for only 12 months warranty and service, I would rather pay money to a fellow blue instead of giving it to a big corporation like them. If anyone is interested please pm me cheers

This is what I did this summer, I'm not saying it's the best way but I'll bet my bellend it's better than British Gas.

I ordered a new Worcester Greenstar combi + flu+ dt10rf optimiser ( electronic thermostat) approx £1200. From Plumbtraders.com, it will arrive within a week.
My gas safe fitter stated that was £60 cheaper than he could get the same spec from his supplier.

Good local gas safe fitter fitted it in one full day which entailed altering the pipe work , and included a system flush and also fitting a new towel radiator in the bathroom. £300. Approximately £1500 in all.

Set up the optimiser to come on and off precisely when you want at the exact temperature and you should save money over the running costs of your old boiler from the off.

Repairing old combis is throwing good money after bad I think.

Oil everywhere! said:
samharris said:

mother in law just had their back boiler changed by BG, cost them around £4.5k

I had my boiler and rads changed last year, cost me £3k

what you also have to consider is the efficiency of the boiler you have, even though parts are available, the age of the system means you are getting around 75% efficiency at best, so in essence if the parts are more than 30% cost of new boiler, then you go for new

As has been said before NEVER use the gas board for anything, they are just looking to make the maximum amount of profit from their customers. Did a combi swap the other week and they wanted to charge £3000 and was willing to give £400 cash back for the boiler (how generous of them......) I installed a higher spec boiler 29 cdi compact with a Honeywell CM927 programmable room thermostat and a TF1 filter for £1700.

You should be able to get a decent boiler supplied and fitted for no more than 2k IMO, I've had a couple done over the past few years, you can save if you source it yourself, I have a mate who's a plumber he marks up around 10-20% on materials can make a big difference on a £1000 combi boiler.

Hello all you gas boiler experts
Our boiler is 17 years old and ready for replacement as there's always something going wrong with it

BG have been round and quoted
The all singing all dancing quote, including new control panel, Hive, filter and full flush is £3500. This includes £100 off Hive and £200 trade in on the old girl

Thoughts on who I should call for a quote?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.