Resident Evil 7

The Silver Surfer

I'm not a big gamer at all but i've been playing Resident Evil games for 20 years and they have gone from heart pounding survival horror to action games with outrageously silly stories.

Still this announcement has me seriously excited. Its designed as a VR game too. Fuck me imagine running round a RE mansion like you're in it with a couple of bullets?

http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-7-playstation-vr-e3-2016/

I'm not a big gamer at all but i've been playing Resident Evil games for 20 years and they have gone from heart pounding survival horror to action games with outrageously silly stories.

Still this announcement has me seriously excited. Its designed as a VR game too. Fuck me imagine running round a RE mansion like you're in it with a couple of bullets?

http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-7-playstation-vr-e3-2016/

They went massively downhill after Resident Evil 4 (I can't remember being as disappointed with a game as I was by 6).

That being said, it looks like they're returning to survival horror rather than the shitty action blockbusters they've had for the last few years. VR is perfect for this franchise.

Resident Evil 4 was Boss. The peak of gaming at around that time. So many awesome games.

I've played the demo I shit myself I knew it was coming but by fuck it's atmospheric in VR I think I'd have a heart attack

played the demo, its looks like its going to be a very scary game. as long as there is still shooting I'm happy. looks great

Heard it's got the problem a lot of PSVR(£350) games will have with motion sickness(it can't match the framerates and latencies the others have targeted to get rid of most of it) so you will have to move slowly to avoid it. I will wait for the Oculus Rift(Resi 7 confirmed for PC can't see them not supporting VR there) to come down in price I think it's £410 now but they originally quoted a £240 price target which went up when they did improvements and more competition joined but I expect them to be closer to that sooner or later. After that I'll only need an RX480 which is releasing at $199-£160 later this month marketed as VR ready(seems a safe bet unless you can pic up an R9 390 or equal cheap) and my PC will be VR ready surprisingly(the way some people were going on I thought I'd need a complete rebuild).

I feel kind of bad for the Oculus Rift guys it was their party and everyone has jumped in(the Vive is meant to be better but I'm not paying £700) before they could reap the benefits of the early days they put in when they were the only ones selling the idea to us. Still the sooner VR becomes mainstream the more affordable it becomes for everyone to enjoy it and the devs then have to be more competitive.

Last edited:
The original resident evil for ps1 was one of the scariest games ever made. Playing that as a kid at night was horrible. Every time you'd open a door or walk up the stairs your heart would beat out your chest. The voice acting was funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.