Retrospective 3 game ban for Rooney? [Gets off scot free]

camelcoat said:
1961_vintage said:
For this moronic thug - regardless of who he plays for - not to be called to account for his actions represents the single most shocking decision I think I have ever seen in football.

And the saddest.

For the body that is responsible for upholding the values and integrity of the game, this is a dark, dark day.

Was it a dark, dark day when Gerrard got away with it twice? Was it a dark, dark day when Terry almost broke Milners leg? Was it a dark, dark day when Hunt stoved in Cechs head?

You've picked 3 like minded individuals in Terry Gerrard and Hunt. Like Rooney they've all got the moral fibre of a cockroach. You might care to choose your battles rag, Rooney ain't worth sticking up for.

Judge Roughneck said:
camelcoat said:
Was it a dark, dark day when Gerrard got away with it twice? Was it a dark, dark day when Terry almost broke Milners leg? Was it a dark, dark day when Hunt stoved in Cechs head?

You've picked 3 like minded individuals in Terry Gerrard and Hunt. Like Rooney they've all got the moral fibre of a cockroach. You might care to choose your battles rag, Rooney ain't worth sticking up for.

Not sticking up for Rooney, never have, never will. His character was shown well before he joined United. Just seems easy to pick and chose what you get wound up over.

camelcoat said:
1961_vintage said:
For this moronic thug - regardless of who he plays for - not to be called to account for his actions represents the single most shocking decision I think I have ever seen in football.

And the saddest.

For the body that is responsible for upholding the values and integrity of the game, this is a dark, dark day.

Quite possibly - although I think the Ben Thatcher/Pedro Mendes incident has more similarities to the Rooney incident than those that you quote.

But reeling-off a whole lot of history neither explains nor justifies the present. It was a dispicable act by a gutless thug whose behaviour is only eclipsed in terms of cowardice by the public reaction of his Club and by those governing the game.

camelcoat said:
Judge Roughneck said:

Not sticking up for Rooney, never have, never will. His character was shown well before he joined United. Just seems easy to pick and chose what you get wound up over.

Its the fucking cheating scum at the FA and the cheating twat twatternburg that we are pissed off with. The fact it was Rooney is irrelevant. The offence merited a red card. It didn't happen but the fact it was then just brushed over yet again as and when it fucking suits the cheating twats at the FA is a scandel and completely defies all logic and cripples the belief that the FA is fair and governs the game in a fit and proper manner.

It should be impartial but as ive stated, it never will be while Gill and the guy from Arsenal(forgot his name) hold senior positions and are able to influence as and when it suits their respective clubs and please don't tell me it doesn't happen.

Yes, i would say the same if it was us that had the same cosy relationship and influence.

Fergie should save some of his ‘wise’ words for Wayne

Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, reacted as objectively as ever to the controversy around Wayne Rooney’s elbow on James McCarthy of Wigan Athletic at the weekend.

‘The press will raise a campaign to get him hung by Tuesday, or electrocuted,’ he said.

No, they won’t. The press do not as a rule want players to be executed for disciplinary offences, but they are quite keen on the Football Association coming down hard on the use of the elbow, as it has the potential to cause extreme injury, such as brain damage.

In the instance of Rooney, however, referee Mark Clattenburg saw the incident and gave a foul against United, but no more. Looking at the replays, he was probably right. Rooney was dashing across the field to help provide defensive cover against a Wigan attack and, seeing that, McCarthy stopped and changed direction, taking a step back to block his path. In doing so, he also raised his shoulder to provide more of a physical impediment and Rooney responded by giving him a clump as he went past.

He used an elbow, which should have merited a booking, but did not seem to bring it back at McCarthy, more use it as payment in kind as he passed. It was not the sort of elbow incident that rearranged Gary Mabbutt’s face or left Iain Hume fighting for life.

These are nuances, however, and very much open to individual interpretation. The bottom line is Rooney committed an offence worthy of a yellow card, but got away with it because Clattenburg judged McCarthy to be partly responsible.

Nobody needs to be hung, electrocuted or even charged but, with the season coming to the boil, a quiet word with his striker rather than the standard outbreak of baseless suspicion and false accusation would seem Ferguson’s best course of action.

Wasn't Martin Samuel supposed to be one of the more decent journalists? Yeah right.

MMA said:
Sorry if its already been mentioned but has McCarthy said anything about shrek assaulting him.

Has he fuck and nor will he....Whelan the fucking Rag will have seen to that little problem at the behest of his puppet master.

I honestly didn't think a journalist with Samuel's experience could be so naive,beggers belief that he didn't recognise the incident for what it was - an assault.

To rub salt in the wound he even has the audacity,and stupidity,to suggest McCarthy contributed to the episode.....

Are these cnuts completely detached from the real world?

Having thought about it for a while now I would hope that tomorrow's papers are full of outrage, disgust and in general condemn Rooney, Slur Alex, Clattenburg and the F.A

How something so blatant, by that I don't just mean the elbow I mean the lies that have been told, the way Utd put pressure on the FA(who should have been stronger, but if it was a court case Utd would have charged with contempt) and the FA who just brush it all away

I rule for the marketed players/clubs and other rules for the rest. Not that I'm surprised its just the arrogance of which they do it and the disregard for fans and the sport in general

redmizzle said:
Fergie should save some of his ‘wise’ words for Wayne

Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, reacted as objectively as ever to the controversy around Wayne Rooney’s elbow on James McCarthy of Wigan Athletic at the weekend.

‘The press will raise a campaign to get him hung by Tuesday, or electrocuted,’ he said.

No, they won’t. The press do not as a rule want players to be executed for disciplinary offences, but they are quite keen on the Football Association coming down hard on the use of the elbow, as it has the potential to cause extreme injury, such as brain damage.

In the instance of Rooney, however, referee Mark Clattenburg saw the incident and gave a foul against United, but no more. Looking at the replays, he was probably right. Rooney was dashing across the field to help provide defensive cover against a Wigan attack and, seeing that, McCarthy stopped and changed direction, taking a step back to block his path. In doing so, he also raised his shoulder to provide more of a physical impediment and Rooney responded by giving him a clump as he went past.

He used an elbow, which should have merited a booking, but did not seem to bring it back at McCarthy, more use it as payment in kind as he passed. It was not the sort of elbow incident that rearranged Gary Mabbutt’s face or left Iain Hume fighting for life.

These are nuances, however, and very much open to individual interpretation. The bottom line is Rooney committed an offence worthy of a yellow card, but got away with it because Clattenburg judged McCarthy to be partly responsible.

Nobody needs to be hung, electrocuted or even charged but, with the season coming to the boil, a quiet word with his striker rather than the standard outbreak of baseless suspicion and false accusation would seem Ferguson’s best course of action.

Wasn't Martin Samuel supposed to be one of the more decent journalists? Yeah right.

Baseless suspicion ????? HA HAHAHAHA
I don't usually use the argument 'ad hominem' but that pathetic grovelling apology looks so sad that
your post says more about you than the incident.... grow up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.