Retrospective bans for diving ... F.A. looking into it.

oakiecokie

An interesting one this morning who report that the Football Association is considering bringing in retrospective bans for players who dive.

The FA "is to send officials on a fact-finding mission to Scotland" where players are given a two-match ban if they win a significant advantage for their team by deceiving the referee through diving or simulation.

Well I for one think this should be implemented.Hope you`re reading this Young and Co.

I'm all for it...imagine the headlines the next day if it's implemented.....

"Ashley Young retires from football"

How are they going to work it when even pundits and experience refs can't agree on what constitutes a dive.

Sounds great but with our media agenda no thanks it'd just give the FA more reason to attack us, surely the raggy stuff would continue to be ignored as it is now.

Sounds great but I have no idea what gets classed as a dive these days. "Theres contact so he has the right to go down" is a favourite the pundits use when a player has thrown himself to the floor

I'm all for it...imagine the headlines the next day if it's implemented.....

"Ashley Young retires from football"
Ash the Crash would not suffer from a FArce ban on diving, in much the same way that Rags have not suffered from elbows and two footers. It will be the same old farts passing judgement and the slightest whiff of atmosphere on or around the diving shite would be enough to get him off the hook, whereas Sergio, legged for all to see at Soton and Sterling in the CL, would be booked on the spot and given a ten minutes rest in the sin bin. More of the same old fix from our FArce.

Sounds great but I have no idea what gets classed as a dive these days. "Theres contact so he has the right to go down" is a favourite the pundits use when a player has thrown himself to the floor

It is exactly this drip drip effect from pundits over the years that has increased the diving imo.

Joe Allen and Henderson could be looking at lengthy bans for diving after pogbas *ahem* tackles then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.