Retrospective bans for diving ... F.A. looking into it.

As someone already mentioned the pundits, I said it for years too. Hansen started it off by using the word "contact" to justify any foul. Even when Pires done that dive over Pompey he used the word contact to justify that dive.

There is contact hundreds of times in a game yet in their words it should be a foul.

One fucker I've always hated for diving is Hazard, for an excellent dribbler he will occasionally over run the ball and automatically fall down and con the ref.

People get upset when they don't get a penno for contact these days when really the player could easily stay on their feet. In reality there is diving 50+ times a game but no way can they call it a dive anymore as they can use the shitty word "contact"

I'd be happy enough with this, hate players diving, regardless of which team they play for.

Would question what counts as a dive though, you've got pundits claiming Pogba flopping under no contact was "not a dive because he jumped out the way in anticipation of a foul", you've got players like Otamendi who hit the deck like a sack of spuds under minimal contact, you've got contact which is a foul where players could've stayed up but feel they have to go down to get a decision from the ref.

The only clear cut way would be to only deal with the no-contact cases, as judging how much contact it takes to knock someone down is pretty subjective & could lead to more issues. Would be better than nothing, but not game changing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.