Mangala
Alex sandro
Gundogan
Yaya
Silva
Sterling
De bruyne
Aguero

I'd love Gundogan here. I think Sterling has already been bought to fill the Reus role (lwf) whereas De Bruyne is a far more adaptable player.

You make a great point mate.....What we cant forget about De Bruyne and what sets him apart from others this transfer window, is that he gives great flexibility...He plays a number of positions and has shown to be equally dangerous, whether its in the middle or outside as a winger....just pay the money Txiki!!;)

Think we should stick with Pogba for now,if however it doesn't happen,I would be happy for these 2 to come in.

I think, the clue with the germans players (and with those like the both here) is that, they have really to want to come here, if we want to sign them.

Otherwise, why to set in a new league and nation (specially if they are from big clubs like Bayern oder Dortmund)?

They have the best WC players (the mayority in their own competition), one of the best clubs in the world, one of the most loyals fanbase in the world (particulary due to the "50+1 Rule", which allow clubs to be really some kind of "social societies" property of their own fans ),a very good and organised league, good salaries, so, why to change???

That was so with Hummels, Goetze, Neuer and now with Gündoğan and Reus....

But..... just my opinion.

Last edited:
I have seen both pogba and de bruyne play quite a lot and I am not convinced they have the quality of the Dortmund two. It's just my opinion but it seems we have become a little obsessed with pogba and de bruyne almost blinkered in our pursuit of them.

Did you really watch De Bruyne play last season? I don't understand how you can knock a player that had the most assists in Europe (20), created over 100 chances, and added 10 goals on top of that. Reus has never had those stats, and he's an injury risk!

Id love to see Gündoğan here. I think he's a magic little player, Dortmund's best player in the season they got to the CL final. He didn't grab the headlines like Reus or Lewandowski with goals and assists but he started everything good for the team.

He's like a deep lying David Silva. Always involved, spots non-obvious passes that others don't see that set-up good opportunities further forward.

Is often as good as Modric who is the best of this kind of player.

His performance against Madrid in the CL semis in 2013, for a 22 year old, was out of this world!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you really watch De Bruyne play last season? I don't understand how you can knock a player that had the most assists in Europe (20), created over 100 chances, and added 10 goals on top of that. Reus has never had those stats, and he's an injury risk!
Reus' injuries have been forced on him by bad tackles, he's not Jovetic or Richards or even Kompany getting calf strains putting their shoes on.

I do agree about de Bruyne though, he was excellent last season.

Those two would be wasted at City.

Whilst quality on the ball is always useful, what we need is a player like Pogba who can play and tackle. We already have enough flair in the team, it's power that's required for work off the ball. We have Fernando, Delph and Fernandinho but do they have the technique to go with the power? Not sure. Maybe they do.

I definitely would not buy a Koke, Reus Gundogan etc. It would still leave a hole in the team and it would not add to our 1st 11. Fans always forget that team have to be competitive without the ball, and that was our weakness last season which led to us dropping a forward so it had a knock-on effect all round the team.

We may already have addressed the issue in two ways:

1) Delph mabe better than expected
2) Toure maybe back
3) Fernando is injury free. You cant train to your max if your carrying a groin injury so even if you can play through the discomfort, it affects your game.

Ideally both, meaning City can just go for De Bruyne to finish it all off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.